Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the selectors erred with taking 3 of the old fellas on this squad. Only 2 at most should have been taken of Patty, Delly and Ingles. Considering his lack of overall court time and impact I think it was Ingles. Delly played super important mins in the 3rd and 4th to help reel in the margin. Not taking Patty would be the equivalent of killing Bambi for the sides spiritual and emotional leader. He was always going.

I still don’t understand Matisse not getting picked. Wondering if he pissed in Gorgians coffee. All this talk about defence, defence, defense and he is not there is completely irrational.

Scotty Fisher playing in that game too, he used to live in the same street as a mate of mine when he was playing for the Wildcats.

We were shooting hoops in the driveway when he walked past, we asked him to join in but he declined our offer, nice guy though.

He wasn't that nice on the court when he played but unlike Ronaldson he was nice off it.
I knew Tony up close and he was a good guy off the court and a tough competitor on court. Your experience sounds very different to mine.

Can someone in the know explain how Bryce Cotton never got Aus citizenship? Seems bizarre when other countries like USA with Embiid and that guy playing for Spain get a passport of convenience so easily? Did the powers that be in Australian basketball decide they didn't want him in our team?

Can someone in the know explain how Bryce Cotton never got Aus citizenship? Seems bizarre when other countries like USA with Embiid and that guy playing for Spain get a passport of convenience so easily? Did the powers that be in Australian basketball decide they didn't want him in our team?
Thought I read he filled something out incorrectly initially and they played hardball after that

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In fairness he isn’t getting 15 free throws a game at international level…

He does.
Goorj doesn’t want him

He does.
Goorj doesn’t want him
Cotton techincally was illegally in the country during heavy Covid time without the correct visa for about half an hour through no fault of his own...Home Affairs decided to be dicks & enforce a longer waiting period before he could apply for citizenship again...After that he lost interest because of all the BS he went through.
I'm pretty sure he's stil not a citizen yet.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew Tony up close and he was a good guy off the court and a tough competitor on court. Your experience sounds very different to mine.

I was being facetious.

I've never actually met Tony and when he was losing his shit at his kids it didn't seem the time or place to introduce myself.

I also know how difficult it can be dealing with kids who don't want to play ball and decide they don't want to play by the rules.

I prefer a parent that can lay down the law to his kids rather than those parents that let their kids get away with blue murder.

I don’t mind our chances against Serbia.

Win that and we get another crack at rose gold… Or better yet we could cause the biggest boil over at the Olympics, but I doubt it.

We deserve the toughest draw from here tbh. Serbia should beat us. Bogdanovic is on fire too. Jokic will do what he does. For such a big basketball nation, these Olympics have been a letdown across the board for us.

We're still live and kicking. Just need to keep throwing punches and who knows?

I think the disappointing part has really been at selection and then dropping our bundle second half against Canada. We were looking pretty legit until that point.

If we can refind some form we can definitely perform to the FIBA level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back