Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Population

Victoria 6,900,000
Srbija 6,664,000
Evenly matched
Heat legends Patty Mills and Nikola Jovic going head to head.

Well we knew we’d be playing Serbia, just a shame we got the Yanks on our half, guess they had to keep them and the Canucks seperate.
They ended up with the highest PD out of the group winners so makes sense they are on the side without the other group winners.

Serbia must be pretty pissed. How do you draw the US in your group, and then also in a potential semi?

That seems rigged to me for the home country (although they are not beating Canada)...

Serbia must be pretty pissed. How do you draw the US in your group, and then also in a potential semi?

That seems rigged to me for the home country (although they are not beating Canada)...
My thoughts, you really should be meeting them in the final if you've had the misfortune of drawing them in the same group

USA are favourites, but not Dream team level. Can be got on a bad day.

It's super even from there. Everyone else in the quarterfinals probably feels like they have a legit chance of medals.

So even though we're playing like trash, and have gone with bad selection, we're still a decent performance away from a bronze medal playoff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would assume it would have to happen to a few teams seeing there are only 3 groups and 4 teams have to make the semi finals.

But there is some evidence already that France are getting some home cooking.

Boy timeouts ruin the spectacle of a close basketball game. A time out with 11 seconds to go whe you are 8 points down? Really?

Coaches just wanna over coach the game.

In Olympic play where point differentials matter it's more than an 8 point game.

Who do we play next and why are we 2nd when our point difference is worse than Nigeria?

As PD is only calculated as a tie breaker amongst the teams that are even.

France beat Nigeria by 21, Nigeria beat Aus by 13, Aus beat Fra by 9..

Fra +12
AUS -4
NGR -8

The overall PD is used to workout seeding across other groups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back