Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

In Olympic play where point differentials matter it's more than an 8 point game.
Thats not my point. That last qtr should of been awesome viewing and it wasnt because it was cut up into too many segments. There is zero need for it. We dont call time outs with 2 mins to go in a thrilling football game, or soccer, or cricket, or rugby or any sport that aint american. It destroys all atmoshpere and momentum and benefits of player intelligence. Turning the game into chess played by two old coaches on the side lines. I dont want to watch chess.

A much improved effort from the Opals, and some clutch shooting and free throws down the stretch. With the margin constantly shifting between a qf with the USA or Serbia or an exit they played really well. Another 3 to France and we'd have been relegated to third in the group.

We really improved on the 2 point shooting with a huge 68% (25/37) and Free Throws were better 73% 11/15.

Areas we can improve are on the turnovers (17 today with similar or higher numbers each game) and 3 points %. Get those things right and we'll be in with a red-hot crack of medals

Thats not my point. That last qtr should have been awesome viewing and it wasnt because it was cut up into too many segments. There is zero need for it. We dont call time outs with 2 mins to go in a thrilling football game, or soccer, or cricket, or rugby or any sport that aint american. It destroys all atmoshpere and momentum and benefits of player intelligence. Turning the game into chess played by two old coaches on the side lines. I dont want to watch chess.
Have you ever watched basketball before? If anything int’l basketball has better finishes because it doesn’t just become a game of intentional fouling and free throws in the final two minutes.

If time-outs help draw up the perfect play to generate more game winners than so be it.

Bracket has been released. We're on th USA side on both Mens & Womens 🙄. Really desperate to get France to the Gold medal games....

Good news is boomer qf is 1030 tomorrow night and opals is 7:00 Wednesday night. So friendly times.
I think there is quite a complicated formula to determine who plays who, it ends up limiting quite extensively pure luck.

Yes playing the USA Sucks.

Even if the Boomers had finished top and it was as simply as changing straight out for Canada, we'd be playing France! Followed by either Giannis and Greece or Germany (who won the FIBA World Cup last year), for a chance at Gold. There are no easy pathways to get to the gold medal game anymore.

I think there is quite a complicated formula to determine who plays who, it ends up limiting quite extensively pure luck.

Yes playing the USA Sucks.

Even if the Boomers had finished top and it was as simply as changing straight out for Canada, we'd be playing France! Followed by either Giannis and Greece or Germany (who won the FIBA World Cup last year), for a chance at Gold. There are no easy pathways to get to the gold medal game anymore.
Someone has to go through the USA eventually. I’m just glad we’ve avoided them until the medal rounds.

The Olympics has a strange fascination with 12 teams in 3 groups of 4 (across various sports) with 2 x 3rd placed teams getting through. Could be easily fixed by having 2 x 6 or 4 x 3. Or expanding to 16.... And then moving in to quarters/semis.

Anyways, I'm sure they won't adjust anytime soon

Well...Time for the Boomers to piss or get off the pot tonight.

Hopefully something clicks and we can go up a level or two for tonight and whatever comes next because dang...I want some of that sweet potential medal action. Boomers bronze was so awesome. My favourite medal of all time I think, after a lifetime of watching us fall short.

I deserve this dammit!

Well...Time for the Boomers to piss or get off the pot tonight.

Hopefully something clicks and we can go up a level or two for tonight and whatever comes next because dang...I want some of that sweet potential medal action. Boomers bronze was so awesome. My favourite medal of all time I think, after a lifetime of watching us fall short.

I deserve this dammit!
We win tonight then we have a chance to at least play off for bronze

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back