Summer Paris 2024 - Day 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
I would love to recap day 10, but I just haven’t seen enough of it yet. I know Japan left me heartbroken in the men’s volleyball, losing to Italy in devastating fashion. And Noemie Fox won an amazing gold in the kayak cross, which brought an incredibly emotional reaction from father Richard in commentary. Also worth mentioning were good sessions by Matt Denny, Nina Kennedy and Torrie Lewis in the athletics. Anything else that happened hasn’t caught my eye yet.

Day 11 highlights:

I’ll be honest, the depression is beginning to set in knowing the end is nearing. But I know there’s still so much to look forward to, and the team events are all getting to the crunch time. Think positive!

The night athletics session has the following medal events: women’s hammer throw, men’s long jump, men’s 1500m, and women’s 3000m steeplechase. The men’s 400m semis are on, as are Bol and Mclaughlin-Levrone in the women’s 400m hurdle SF. In the morning session, highlights include the women’s 1500m round 1, men’s javelin, women’s long jump, and plenty of repechage rounds.

Women’s volleyball QF’s are on, featuring some blockbuster match-ups. The canoe sprints are on which I always highly enjoy. Melissa Wu is in action in the 10m platform, and Arisa and Ruby Trew are in the women’s skateboarding. Men’s basketball QF’s are also in action, with the Boomers in action against Serbia. Water polo QF’s, hockey semis, there’s a lot happening.
  • 5:00: Women’s volleyball QF – China vs Turkey
  • 5:30: Canoe sprint - Men’s & women’s kayak four 500m heats
  • 5:30: Women’s handball QF – Denmark vs Netherlands
  • 6:05: Athletics day session begins
  • 8:30: Women’s skateboarding – Arisa and Ruby Trew
  • 9:00: Women’s volleyball QF – Brazil vs Dominican Republic
  • 10:00: Men’s hockey SF – Netherlands vs Spain
  • 10:30: Men’s basketball QF – Australia vs Serbia
  • 11:00: Women’s diving – 10m platform final. Melissa Wu and Ellie Cole
  • 11:45: Men’s sailing – Matt Wearn
  • 1:00: Women’s volleyball QF – USA vs Poland
  • 1:30: Cycling track session begins