Summer Paris 2024 - Day 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Pretty eventful day, look no further than the Boomers dramatic QF loss to Serbia. Haven’t seen the Boomers put together a quarter and a half like that possibly ever, before it all came crashing down. End of an era for several Boomers. We picked up our 14th gold with 14-year-old Arisa Trew. The volleyball clash between China and Turkey was one of the best of an already amazing volleyball tournament. For me the most stunning event was Jacob Ingebrigtsen failing to medal, it left me speechless. Still can’t believe it. All that work to burn off Kerr, and he burnt himself. Gabby Thomas was sublime in the 200m. We also had the women’s 400 hurdles semis, and I am counting down the minutes until we get Bol vs SML.

I would recap more, but I’m still trying to find time to catch replays when time is running out.

Day 12 highlights:

Today is all about Matt Wearn and whether he can win our 15th gold. And Nina Kennedy also has a great chance of claiming gold also. Our men’s water polo team have their QF clash against the USA, and the Opals look to get their revenge for the Boomers in their QF against Serbia.

In athletics we have Mackenzie Little, Kathyrn Mitchell and Kelsey-Lee Barber in the women’s javelin qualification. We have 3 women in the opening round of the women’s 100m hurdles. Very interested to see what time Jenneke can set, and Mucci will be thankful she’s even made it to Partis. Deng, Bol and Craig are all in the men’s 800m. Keegan Palmer will be in action in the men’s park skateboarding.

These are Adelaide times.

• 3:00: Athletics – Marathon race walk mixed
  • 5:00: Canoe sprint – Women’s kayak single 500m heats
  • 5:30: Men’s diving – 3m springboard SF
  • 5:35: Athletics – Day session begins
  • 6:30: Women’s basketball QF - Australia vs Serbia
  • 8:15: Track Cycling – Day session begins
  • 8:40: Men’s sailing – Men’s dingy medal race
  • 9:40: Canoe sprint – Men’s kayak singles 1000m QF and canoe singles 1000m QF
  • 11:30: Men’s Volleyball – SF Poland vs USA
  • 1:00: Skateboarding – Men’s park final
  • 1:00: Men’s handball – SF Denmark vs Sweden
  • 1:30: Track Cycling – Finals begin
  • 2:30: Men’s water polo – QF Australia vs USA
  • 2:25: Athletics – Night session begins
  • 3:30: Men’s Volleyball – SF Italy vs France

For all you cycling fans out there here is today's schedule with the big one the 4000m Team Pursuit Oz v Brits gold ride off at 2.33 EST/ 2.03 Central / 12.33 WST.

1723026984862.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Day 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back