Summer Paris 2024 - Day 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Here we go, the final day. Not long until depression hits. But truth be told, it already has.

Day 15 was a mixed bag. Silver to Jessica Hull in the 1500m final. And the Stingers in the water polo, putting in a gallant effort against Spain. No medals in the golf, diving, weightlifting, and javelin despite being in contention.

Some of my highlights yesterday were the Brazilian girls getting bronze in the volleyball, the amazing finish to the men’s 4x400m relay, and Netherlands incredible heroics late in the bronze medal water polo match. I didn’t see enough of the team all-around rhythmic gymnastics, but will catch a replay as I’m sure it was a highlight.

Day 16 highlights:

We have 3 women in the marathon, Georgia Baker in the women’s omnium, Glaetzer/Richardson in the men’s Keirin, and the Opals going for bronze in the basketball.

Obviously everything is for gold. Women’s volleyball, USA vs Italy, so excited. Of course the water polo has come down to Croatia and Serbia. Women’s basketball a replay of the men’s gold, with the same result no doubt. And go anyone vs Japan, we want to hang onto 3rd!

• 3:30: Athletics - Women’s marathon
  • 5:00: Handball - Men’s bronze match Spain vs Slovenia
  • 7:00: Cycling begins
  • 7:00: Modern pentathlon - Women’s final
  • 7:30: Basketball - Women’s bronze match Australia vs Belgium
  • 9:00: Volleyball - Women’s gold match USA vs Italy
  • 9:30: Handball - Men’s gold match Germany vs Denmark
  • 10:00: Water polo - Men’s gold match Croatia vs Serbia
  • 11:30: Basketball - Women’s gold match USA vs France
  • 5:00 - Closing ceremony

Great Work Drummond with all the write-ups. You have been my source in deciding what to watch every night.

The last day always feels off. No more athletics. All these team finals. It is like pre-opening ceremony days but in reverse.

I will try to catch the track, but have a big big morning so doubt I watch much of it.

Thanks Drummond for another great daily Olympics thread.

Tokyo was a great time zone to do this, Paris tough, LA somewhere in between. Hopefully you do it again in 4 years.

Don't worry you have all week to catch up on sleep now.

13 gold medal events to finish the games. Sam Landsberger has 11 listed with a gold medal. The other 2 are Women's omnium and women's pentathlon which are multiple discipline events and probably finish 3 hours after they start.

1723363214506.png

Agreed.

This USA/Hungary bronze match had started well.

Two sides that actually know how to use an extra player advantage unlike our women side last night yeah we were outclassed but jeez you have to make extra player advantages count

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Day 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back