Summer Paris 2024 - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hauser finished super strong. Came in from 11th to 7th between the last 2 splits. A detailed preview I read picked him for the bronze based on his last kilometre kick. And I reckon it could have panned out that way if he didn't crash in the transition.

In hindsight even if he nailed the transition I highly doubt he would have been able to hang with Yee. May have been a chance at a minor medal but he looked pretty cooked on the rare moments the camera saw him.
He was 52 seconds down heading into last lap and finished 44 seconds behind. You never know

Houser did lose ground to all the leaders though. He started the run leg only about 10-15 seconds behind despite his poor transition/ fall. Made up plenty of places but slipped further behind the leaders. Must have been struggling a bit and possibly hard to find the motivation if you're not in that top group fighting it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houser did lose ground to all the leaders though. He started the run leg only about 10-15 seconds behind despite his poor transition/ fall. Made up plenty of places but slipped further behind the leaders. Must have been struggling a bit and possibly hard to find the motivation if you're not in that top group fighting it out.

Hard when you are his size, Yee was built for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back