Summer Paris 2024 - Day 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Jess Fox. Incredible. Again she handles the pressure faultlessly. We are whitnessing a truly special athlete. Penny Smith won bronze in womens trap final, and Natalya Diehm also took bronze in the womens BMX park final.

The swimming was a disappointment, some not entirely unexpected though. Chalmers got another silver, only beaten by a Chinese who broke the WR. ZSC also got silver, losing to the freak Marchand. The only real disappoinment was the women’s 100m freestyle, with the favourite O’Callaghan missing out on a medal, along with Shayna Jack.

The Matilda’s lost 2-1 to the USA, and are out. Maybe the hype needed to be reeled in a little. The Hockeyroos continued their good form, beating USA 3-0. Our women’s water polo team had a remarkable victory over the Netherlands, and our 3x3 girls beat Germany 21-19.

Day 6 preview:

Men’s and women’s 20k race walk take place, to mark the start of the athletics program. The Kookaburras look to get back on track against New Zealand, but if we’re being honest we look a little subpar. Meanwhile the Hockeyroos have a quick turnaround and face Argentina. The Opals look to hit back from their dismal showing in their opener, taking on Canada and our men’s water polo team face France

In the swimming, Kaylee hits the pool in the 200m backstroke. Cam McEvoy hits centre stage in the 50m freestyle, our women’s 4x200m team also in action, and Lizzie Dekkers tries to snare a medal in the 200m butterfly.

• 5:00: Volleyball – Women’s Turkey vs Dominican Republic
  • 6:30: Hockey - Men’s Australia vs NZ
  • 7:00: Swimming heats begin
  • 8:00: Tennis – Men’s and women’s QF (Swiatek vs Zheng, Alcaraz vs Paul)
  • 9:00: Basketball – Women’s 3x3 Australia vs USA
  • 9:00: Volleyball – Women’s Brazil vs Japan
  • 9:30: Basketball – Australia vs Canada
  • 11:00: Water polo – Australia vs France
  • 1:00: Volleyball – Women’s Italy vs Netherlands
  • 1:30: Canoe Slalom – Men’s kayak final
  • 2:15: Gymnastics – Women’s all-around final
  • 3:00: Handball – Women’s Germany vs Denmark
  • 3:00: Tennis – Men’s QF Djokovic vs Tsitsipas
  • 4:15: Hockey- Women’s Australia vs Argentina
  • 4:30: Swimming finals – Including women’s 200m butterfly, men’s 50m freestyle SF, women’s 200m backstroke SF, women’s 4x200m freestyle final.

The leader in the women's 20km walk just went past a tall Italian (about 53 mins in) I couldn't help but notice that the Italian had a weird looking package down 'her' shorts.

Our waterpolo teams are doing great.

Everyone other team; not so much. No medal in Rugby despite everything, the Hockeyroos are undefeated but the big test is tonight, Kooks got thrashed last match, Boomers have done alright and the less said about the Opals the better. The Tillys weren't bad but were not good enough ultimately.

Well, I think you know what tennis match I will be watching. The GOAT is in action tonight. Will probably catch the replay of it in the morning.

Not sure what else I will watch. I will find something like always

I wish Golf was a bit more interesting than just another 72 holes. Give me Match Play, Team Match Play, Stableford or anything different. Don't try to be a major, be more team-orientated or head-to-head. But that is for another thread

Well, I think you know what tennis match I will be watching. The GOAT is in action tonight. Will probably catch the replay of it in the morning.

Not sure what else I will watch. I will find something like always

I wish Golf was a bit more interesting than just another 72 holes. Give me Match Play, Team Match Play, Stableford or anything different. Don't try to be a major, be more team-orientated or head-to-head. But that is for another thread
Novak playing at an awful time. Not happy.

Kookaburras take a 1-0 lead, there’s definitely no foot there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montag has 20 second gap to make up in 2.5km to pinch the silver. Can't make up 40 seconds to catch leader.
Leader is slowing dowm. The gaps now are 15 seconds to 2nd and 26 to Jemima at 18km mark

Bit of tweet you don't see

Montag becomes the first Australian racewalker to win a medal since Dane Bird-Smith and Jared Tallent at Rio 2016, and the first Aussie female since Jane Saville at Athens 2004.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Day 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back