Summer Paris 2024 - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Day 8…Ebden and Peers. Gold medal! That’s all I have I have time for. No wait, I have time for one thing else. FEMKE BOL!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Day 9 highlights:

Final day of swimming with probably one genuine gold chance and some other medal chances. Athletics continues to heat up with the men 100m finals. Opals in action, Stingers too, Kookaburras QF against Netherlands, of course at a ridiculous hour. Women’s road race, Grace Brown attempting to do what Evenepoel did in the men’s road races.

Olyslagers and Patterson in women’s high jump, Hollingsworth in the 800m. Tennis final could be one for the ages. The Fox sisters in action too.

• 5:00: Volleyball: Women’s Italy vs Turkey
  • 6:55: Athletics: Day session begins includes women’s 200m, men’s 110m hurdles, women’s 400m hurdles
  • 10:00: Tennis- Mens gold medal match Djokovic vs Alcaraz
  • 10:00: Cycling - Women’s road race
  • 10:00: Water polo - Women’s Australia vs Hungary
  • 10:30: Archery: Men’s bronze medal match
  • 10:45: Archery: Men’s gold medal match
  • 11:40: Gymnastics: Women’s uneven bars final
  • 12:30: Kayak cross: Fox sisters in the heats
  • 1:30: Hockey: Mens QF Kookaburras vs Netherlands
  • 3:05: Athletics: Night session begins, includes women’s high jump final, men’s 100m final, women’s 800m.
  • 3:10: Swimming: Mens and women’s 4x100m medley relays
  • 5:00: Basketball: Australia vs France
  • 5:00: Volleyball: Women’s Brazil vs Poland

Oh god. The Spanish Badminton star was dominating her semi. One Game(Set up) and 10-6...

The Spanish player just Did her knee (ACL).....Trying to play on but it is hopeless. She played 2 points but it is clear she is gone and is incapable of moving to one side.

She is gutted. Just sobbing on the court. She(or her coach) retires, sobs, refuses the wheelchair, and walks out of the arena to a standing appulse.

Oh god. The Spanish Badminton star was dominating her semi. One Game(Set up) and 10-6...

A Spanish player just Did her knee.....Trying to play on but it is hopeless. Played 2 points but it is clear she is gone.

She is gutted. Just sobbing on the court
Oh no. Just flicked it over, how sad. The good stories in sport are amazing, but not the sad ones break your heart.

In the archery the Koreans are just putting on a show. Just insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got in five seconds ahead of me with the humour!

Aussies winning is best, Poms losing not far behind.......

US not getting golds in for the trifecta

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back