Summer Paris 2024 - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Big crash in the women's road race splitting up the peloton.
If they had radios the GB riders would be working to distance the dutch but now they're coming back to the front, theirs to lose unless the other countries gang up on them

Aussies are out of it

S**t happens.

Doesn't hurt to appreciate the here and now.

Great effort by Novak at these Olympics.

This years one he was outplayed last years was a flop and a half should have won a calendar once in his career only thing that will have eluded him shame he had opportunities to do that

A gold medal for the Joker, I'm not a fan of his but you have to respect him, he's a warrior.

Silver for Alcaraz but he has enough time left to win a gold or two before his career is over.

Carlos will have plenty of chances to win medals, whether it be doubles or singles

This years one he was outplayed last years was a flop and a half should have won a calendar once in his career only thing that will have eluded him shame he had opportunities to do that
Yeah but even if you're the GOAT things don't always run perfectly. It's staggering that he still wins anything at this stage. This is special in its own right. You can see as much in his reaction.

Yeah but even if you're the GOAT things don't always run perfectly. It's staggering that he still wins anything at this stage. This is special in its own right. You can see as much in his reaction.

It is and there won’t be another player. Alcaraz and Sinner probably win a dozen or so but 20+ it’s not happening again. He’s the greatest that’s ever played the game and by a margin too

It is and there won’t be another player. Alcaraz and Sinner probably win a dozen or so but 20+ it’s not happening again. He’s the greatest that’s ever played the game and by a margin too

Bjorn Borg would have been if he didn't decide to call it quits at 26, he's still considered a tennis legend even with his short career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the American Faulkner just goes and the favourites look at each other. Belgians and Dutch have spudded this up big time. Gold to USA

****in hilarious to see the woman who took up the sport 4 years ago at 27 to just ride away while they argue with each other

This female road race tactics, is some of the most pathetic I have ever seen.

3 riders have donated a gold medal to American Christine Faulkner, who isn't as good any of the 3, because they were too worried who might out sprint each other. They just refused to react when Faulkner caught them and said I'm going to attack because you are better sprinters than me, with about 4 kms to go, maybe a bit less.

This female road race tactics, is some of the most pathetic I have seen.

3 riders have donated a gold medal to American Christine Faulkner, who isn't as good any of the 3, because they were too worried who might out sprint each other. They just refused to react when Faulkner caught them and said I'm going to attack because you are better sprinters than me, with about 4 kms to go, maybe a bit less.
In fairness to them Vos and Kopecky had put in huge repeated efforts to chase attacks for the last 2 hours. They were close to empty. One look at each other and that's how one-day races go a lot of the time.

The irony is that US's best rider Chloe Dygert crashing made Kopecky have to chase back to the front which sapped her energy and won them the race

This female road race tactics, is some of the most pathetic I have ever seen.

So it sounds like Faulkner got a Bradbury style gold medal except the other 3 riders didn't crash, they just let her race past them.

The commentators seemed to be baffled by it, I'm no expert on women's road race cycling but it seemed to be strange to me too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back