Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Perkins has really made me nervous here. I had the same thought as Nicole and then she mentioned it. Oh boy.
It was just so ****ing unnecessary, you would sit there until she actually touched the damn wall.

If you think it's only Australians questioning the Chinese swimmer, you'd be mistaken.

In what is being stated as not a fast pool, yet here he is smashing a hotly contested field in a WR time that beggars belief.
What time would he have posted in a ''record pool''

Ironic isnt it? No country does it better than Australia. Right up there with the Brits.
Maybe every time Australia wins a game of cricket we should all question if sandpaper was being used.
In general Australians love shi##ing on other countries to make themselves feel better. It's an embarassing insecurity. Like an ignored toddler crying out for attention.
Didnt they have more than 20 test positive last Olympics?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think it's only Australians questioning the Chinese swimmer, you'd be mistaken.

In what is being stated as not a fast pool, yet here he is smashing a hotly contested field in a WR time that beggars belief.
I don't really feel like giving them the benefit of the doubt in the pool of public opinion. It's not about Pan. It's about the Chinese dopers that have come before and the contaminated food thing. Too many prior incidents.

When something out of the ordinary happens can't they see it would raise an eyebrow?

It's a cultural difference.

The Chinese have a very win-at-all-costs culture. It doesn't matter how they win as long as they do so. In this philosophy, they're not doing anything wrong.

In most Western cultures we have a win-the-right-way attitude.

Philosophically, we are opposed.

RussellEbertHandball I know it’s a little way away, but what are your thoughts as to how our 4x100 mixed medley team is shaping up? Kaylee, Yong, McKeon, Chalmers?
Based on past, unless you have a really dominate swimmer in one of legs eg Adam Peaty ast his best is so much better than every one else and the differential a female slotted in somewhere else gives, the trend tends to be W, M, M, F

So Oz that would be Kaylee, BZC, Temple, MOC

I think China will use Pan for their leg. Dressel swum for the yanks in Tokyo but it didn't work they finished 5th.

The coaches have to sit down and work on the differentials. In Tokyo the 3 medalists went W, M, M, W.

Swimswam did an article on it I will try and dig it up soon.

Last edited:
And Pan isn't one. Maybe Chalmers was just not good enough. That would be too hard for the salty racists though.
Chinese isn’t a race you dumb campaigner, it’s a nationality.

Nah I would go ZSC even if it is 100.
Yeah my bad ZSC should do the breastroke as he did at both Tokyo and 2023 World champs.

Based on past, unless you have a really dominate swimmer in one of legs eg Adam Peaty ast his best is so much better than every one else and the differential a female slotted in somewhere else gives, the trend tends to be W, M, M, F

So Oz that would be Kaylee, BZC, Temple, MOC

I think China will use Pan for their leg. Dressel swum for the yanks in Tokyo but it didn't work they finished 5th.

The coaches have to sit down and work on the differentials. In Tokyo the 3 medalists went W, M, M, W.

Swimswam did an article on it I will try and dig it up soon.
Makes sense, given I assume (without having done any maths or analysis) that there is a bigger differential between M and W for the slower strokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back