Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Marchand has made himself a very rich man these olympics. Not even taking into account the massive endorsements he will get in France, the French are paying out like 100k per gold medal win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That must be just one of the greatest things to ever hear “Gold medalist and Olympic champion, your name” I can only imagine.

Oh my bloody Kaylee LEGEND. Aussie sporting icon. 4 individual gold. Never achieved before....what a 10 minutes in Australian sport.

Australian of the Year on lock.

Marchand has made himself a very rich man these olympics. Not even taking into account the massive endorsements he will get in France, the French are paying out like 100k per gold medal win.

He will be the new Zidane, he was on every billboard in France when I was there in 2000 after they won the World Cup and Euros.

Marchand, Marchand - keeps marching on and won again and just missed out on knocking off that 2011 WR by 0.06 sec.

Marchand 4 Olympic gold medals - USA at this meet 4 gold medals.

This French crowd inside this ruby arena has gone nuts and being about 18,000 is very loud. With LA using SoFi Stadium and probably a crowd of 30,000, I think Brisbane will have to use Lang Park with a temporary pool, and go and build a decent main stadium.

Last edited:
Marchand, Mardchand - keeps marching on and won again and just missed out on knocking off that 2011 WR by 0.06 sec.

This French crowd inside this ruby arena has gone nuts and being about 18,000 is very loud. With LA using SoFi Stadium and probably a crowd of 30,000, I think Brisbane will have to use Lang Park with a temporary pool, and go and build a decent main stadium.
Can't be topped as athlete of the Paris Olympics. Words hard to describe the performance of Marchand but it is phenomenal.

You always hope a home town athlete does something special at their home Olympics and Marchand has done it.

Like I've been saying, the Olympics and stadiums in place for Tokyo, Paris and LA are incredible. Brisbane will be embarassing if the government don't step up.

Wow that is interesting, Temple has actually beaten Dressel in the 100m fly. Makes me think we will almost certainly go for him in the mixed relay.

Should go Kaylee, ZSC, Temple, MOC.

Louis Vuitton is one of his major sponsors and their founder, chairman and CEO of LVMH Bernard Arnault is somewhere between the richest man in the world to #5 depending what various stock markets are doing, he will be very well rewarded for the rest of his life.

Marchand, Mardchand - keeps marching on and won again and just missed out on knocking off that 2011 WR by 0.06 sec.

USA is almost certainly still going to win the swimming gold medal tally despite the media feeding the narrative of US failure and Australian success.

The US deserves to be mocked for pretending the total medal tally is what matters, but ultimately they will win both.

The early crow arrogance of Australians on this is pretty amusing (not saying this is you, just using the Marchand vs US point to talk about the media narrative).

That’s a great effort to match Tokyo in terms of gold medals won, McEvoy’s equals Stubblety-Cook’s 2021 200 breast gold and the women’s 4x200 more than likely will equal the 2021 women’s 4x100 medley given that’s a long shot to beat the USA in that this time round given the breaststroke & butterfly time differential.

So being realistic that might be the last gold, you never write off Kaylee but she probably needs a little bit of an upset & a huge swim in the 200 IM to get past McIntosh & Walsh and Titmus only a slight chance if Ledecky really stuff things up in the 800 which seems unlikely.
Still a fantastic meet if we don't win anymore gold. I think we have one more in us though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back