Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

They surely couldn't do the swimming outdoors though could they?
No, but if they were going to spend $1bil to do it up for the opening and closing ceremony, maybe half that for a roof and other upgrades, gives a better long term bang for bucks.

They surely couldn't do the swimming outdoors though could they?
No its winter. Im in brisbane and literally right now sitting in front of a roaring fire its so cold. Imagine all the swimmers shivering on the blocks. It would be an absolute disaster.

No its winter. Im in brisbane and literally right now sitting in front of a roaring fire its so cold. Imagine all the swimmers shivering on the blocks. It would be an absolute disaster.
Pool is comfortably heated, wear a robe until just before stepping on the blocks, they'll be right!

Pool is comfortably heated, wear a robe until just before stepping on the blocks, they'll be right!
Ioc have a climate mandate. The energy required to keep an olympic sized pool warm when its below 10 degrees at night would be insane. It would never happen.

Do you southerners just not realise that brisbane is really cold in winter in the mornings. We have clear skies in winter which makes it so cold in the mornings and the swimming finals will most likely be in the early morning for usa prime time.

Ioc have a climate mandate. The energy required to keep an olympic sized pool warm when its below 10 degrees at night would be insane. It would never happen.

Do you southerners just not realise that brisbane is really cold in winter in the mornings. We have clear skies in winter which makes it so cold in the mornings and the swimming finals will most likely be in the early morning for usa prime time.
The country has probably 50+ heated outdoor Olympic sized pools open right now. I swam in one 5 times last week. Does the IOC think they are saving the planet by having one more for a week lmao.

The country has probably 50+ heated outdoor Olympic sized pools open right now. I swam in one 5 times last week. Does the IOC think they are saving the planet by having one more for a week lmao.
Outdoor local 50m lap pools are not remotely deep enough to be olympic size. And after the paris debacle i think all olympic pools will need to be 3 meters deep from this point foward.

Plus the ioc has gone a bit over the top with the climate ambition. They really want a make a statement. Heating outdoor pools in winter does not fit with their ambition.

Outdoor local 50m lap pools are not remotely deep enough to be olympic size. And after the paris debacle i think all olympic pools will need to be 3 meters deep from this point foward.

Plus the ioc has gone a bit over the top with the climate ambition. They really want a make a statement. Heating outdoor pools in winter does not fit with their ambition.
I think we can just agree that the IOC are idiots. And woke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the McEvoy race. Fantastic win.

First time l ever heard Thorpe get above monotone levels and show excitement. He went off his chops.

Love the mixed medley

Options:
Backstroke - F strength (McKeown)
Breaststroke - Yong was 6th in semi, Strauch didn’t make semis
Fly - McKeon 6th in final, Temple in the final tonight
Freestyle - Kyle / Mollie / Shayna all excellent

Probably is also that McKeown has the 200 IM tonight, Temple final, Jack in the 50m free semis.

So I think if McKeown is up to it, we do

McKeown
Yong
McKeon
Chalmers

No, but if they were going to spend $1bil to do it up for the opening and closing ceremony, maybe half that for a roof and other upgrades, gives a better long term bang for bucks.

They’ve announced the new venue being built, a new indoor stadium seating about 18,000 that will have a temporary pool for the games with water polo to be played the current aquatic centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back