Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Both aussie boys faded badly
Both mirrored each other as well, Stewy always likes to go to the front but they both looked comfortable and as it picked up the got boxed it, elbowed non stop and rapidly went backwards

You know the guy leading the 1500m is never going to win, they always get overtaken by the guys that pace themselves better.

It's like the Melbourne Cup, if you backed the horse that is leading early on you know you have done your dough.

More bad tactics by McSweyn.

I dont understand why in the back straight you dont try and run in lane 2 when you know everyone is going to attack. Getting stuck behind someone on the inside of the track whilst others are using the wide bit of lane 1 and lane 2 to go passed you doesnt make sense to me.

More bad tactics by McSweyn.

I dont understand why in the back straight you dont try and run in lane 2 when you know everyone is going to attack. Getting stuck behind someone on the inside of the track whilst others are using the wide bit of lane 1 and lane 2 to go passed you doesnt make sense to me.
At least he looked like he had something in the tank, was just bad tactically.

Have a good friend from Scotland who ran the 1500m in his youth. Almost made the Commonwealth Games and a bit further back for the Olympics. But he wouldn't dope, which he says was a non-negotiable requirement for anyone who wanted to make the cut. Says the entire Olympics field in every distance running event was doped. This was in the Hicham El Guerrouj era. Will be interesting to see if that WR is ever broken, it is as dirty as they come.

Have a good friend from Scotland who ran the 1500m in his youth. Almost made the Commonwealth Games and a bit further back for the Olympics. But he wouldn't dope, which he says was a non-negotiable requirement for anyone who wanted to make the cut. Says the entire Olympics field in every distance running event was doped. This was in the Hicham El Guerrouj era. Will be interesting to see if that WR is ever broken, it is as dirty as they come.
I talked to someone who raced Mo Farah. He said his improvement between when he raced Mo and Mo's subsequent performances was "surprising".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if anyone can ever break that 100m record
It’s quite amusing how the world feed commentator hasn’t even bothered to acknowledge any of the track & field records so far.

FloJo’s time and then the doped up Soviet records in the men’s hammer throw also from the 1980s

It’s just a blight on sport that the IOC can still promote those records like there was nothing wrong. Hard to draw a line though given there’s every chance it still happens to this day, but it’s just hidden better

Just heard an amusing statement from the US commentator on the world feed, whilst commentating on the Decathlon Shot put. The German Leo Neugebauer had just thrown, and the commentator, (clearly an older guy) said, "If I looked like that, I would go everywhere without a shirt". I did laugh. Fair play, the athlete did have a mildly decent rig.

Always have to laugh at some of the female sprinters. They spend every waking moment trying to improve 1/100th of a second and then race with 3kgs of hair and decorated like a Christmas tree.

Carrying a lot of hair didn't hurt Flojo, she may have had some assistance though.

hq720.jpg

I already hate the commentators on the world feed. Are we stuck with them for the entire meet?

Switched to the UK feed and it was much better. I might have to give channel 9 a go too.
Ch 9 has Gerard Whateley for the track so it depends whether you like him or not. Also a lot of stuff isn't live

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back