Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

perfect race from Caldwell, she deserved that spot.
I’m beginning to hate the repechage a little less.
It was a great race by Caldwell. Very astute.

Bisset however was putrid tactically.

Call it out for what it was Tamsin - a bad run. This is where having ex athletes in the commentary box doesn't work all the time.

It was a great race by Caldwell. Very astute.

Bisset however was putrid tactically.

Call it out for what it was Tamsin - a bad run. This is where having ex athletes in the commentary box doesn't work all the time.
yeah, she went wide early and still ended up in a bad spot and then had to run almost diagonally into lane 3 to kick for home and the kick came too late anyway.

…it’s always easier to do it from your armchair though.

yeah, she went wide early and still ended up in a bad spot and then had to run almost diagonally into lane 3 to kick for home and the kick came too late anyway.

it’s always easier to do it from your armchair though.
Sure.

After the stagger came together I couldn't believe she went 3 wide with 550 to go to come around the field. Would have burnt so much energy. And it achieved absolutely nothing.

All things considered I was surprised she had enough left in the tank to have a crack in the finish. She's going to have nightmares about that run.

Bisset certainly made the wrong decision by sticking to the inside coming out of the final bend, which lead to her having to cut diagonally across 3 lanes with about 50m to go, but calling it tactically putrid is a bit harsh
I'm standing by my statement. Her big mistake was in the first lap - see my previous post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back