Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

disappointing from our 1500m guys especially Hoare.
tactically it was ok but he just didn’t have the legs. he raced a lot in the build up so maybe they didn’t get that right.
it’s not the first time he’s choked in a major championship though.
it’ll be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.

Watched the semis and final of the Womens's 100m. What the hell is with Asher-Smith's lateral rocking as she runs? Horrible.

Alfred's series of runs looked so good. Just going from memory, I think she has a superior win-loss ratio over Richardson.

They changed rules so athletes living outside village had to enter by different gate.

Also she had a strained hamstring it seems so warming up properly was required.

Eddie says 9 trying to investigate but the whole internet knows..
This sounds strange...Thought at first she must of pulled out injured...How far away was the other gate? She didn't have enough time to get there?

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Plenty of Aussies to watch in this heats session besides our steeple girls.

W200 Torrie Lewis & Mia Gross
WHAM Stephanie Ratcliffe
MLJ Chris Mitrevski & Liam Adcock
M110H Tayleb Willis (& kind of.. Sasha Zhoya)
W400H Sarah Carli & Alana Yukich

After 9, I'll try to doze until 2.30am for swimming & athletics finals.

Just watching that second steeple heat. Why in the world would you ease at the line when you know you’re in a pack. In fact why ease at all? It’s literally one stride’s difference and it cost this one runner their spot in the final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The chances of Torrie Lewis advancing automatically to SF has improved due to the withdrawal of injured Ta Lou from heat one.

But - no - she runs 4th...

Ch9 been talking her up all week and don't even show it live... fmd

Missed most of the Day 8 morning session as went to the footy at AO and got the shock of my life there, and slept thru most of the night session but Stan's replay set up is a lot better than 9Now's and watched all of both sessions.

Watched Stan's replay with only knowing the women's 100m result. It actually was ok and I might consider doing it again if sleep depravity hits again.

The yank commentating with Rob Walker sounds a lot like NBC's long time sports and Olympic broadcaster Bob Costas, but I know it isn't Bob.

Morning session for me was Abby Caldwell winning her repechage. Only middle distance run after Hollingsworth's that was run properly. The blokes were poor as were Abby and Bisset in the 800m first.

Marschall wa good in the PV, would have liked to see how he would have gone on a 5.75 jump but didn't need to do it.

Kung Fu Kenny Bednarek looked the best of the men's 100m heat runners. Fred Kerley and Kishane Thompson were also good but Noah Lyles didn't look that good to me.

The Shot Put was a bit of a farce with last 3 round in the rain and slipping and no throws as a result hurt the even. But as expected Ryan Crouser won, by getting in enough big throws before the rain came. 3 in a row at the Olympics is a first, will be interesting to see if he goes to LA and tries to make it 4 in a row like Al Oerter and Carl Lewis.

Alfred was just so dominated in the 100m thru heat, SF, and final in the rain and made easy work of Richardson and gave St Lucia their first Olympic athletic medal - a gold.

Triple jump another minnow nation wins an Olympic athletic medal for the first time, this one a gold for Dominica athlete Thea Lafond, who cracked 15m for the first time and a PB. These athletes were also were affected by the rain a bit.

The decathlon was a bit of a disappointment with world champ Pierce Lepage pulling out a few days before the Olympics started and Tokyo Olympic champ countryman Damian Warner getting injured and pulling out after the discuss. But due credit for Norwegian outsider beating more fancied German Leo Neugebauer and Grenadian Lindon Victor who has been around for years.

But the highlight was Femke Bol. I said after the heat the Dutch will be a lot better after they put here in, but I didn't expect them to win. I didn't realise teams can only make 1 change. But its redemption for Bol who at the 2023 World Champs mixed relay was being run down by American Holmes and stretches to stay in front and falls at 8m out lands 3m from line but dropped the baton as she fell and couldn't even finish the race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back