Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I think I have worked out what is going on with commentary on Stan.

If you click on one of the Stan athletics channel and up on screen you get Athletics - Integrated you get commentary, and they swap between events, and if that doesn't come up, there is no commentary, but they seem to have the volume up a bit louder and you can listen in to the stadium announcer name the athletes and even call some of the longer races.

Ok I think I have worked out what is going on with commentary on Stan.

If you click on one of the Stan athletics channel and up on screen you get Athletics - Integrated you get commentary, and they swap between events, and if that doesn't come up, there is no commentary, but they seem to have the volume up a bit louder and you can listen in to the stadium announcer name the athletes and even call some of the longer races.
It’s really great when there’s no commentary, being able to listen to the stadium announcer.

I think I have worked out what is going on with commentary on Stan.

Yes - with Stan or 9now - the field event streams don't have commentary.

And there are two track streams:

a) one stream with commentary that concentrates on track & occasionally gives field event updates (especially when finals are on)
b) one stream without commentary which does not cross to field events - so if you want to watch a distance run without any mid-race interruptions this is the one for you.

Tamsyn telling us the French hurdler only started competing at age 16, was born in this territory... and Whately interrupts to add the informative 'he fell at the proverbial first hurdle'...

That's what I mean...
How do you reckon Whateley is doing? I think he is trying too hard to make things a bit more dramatic/special than what they are.

I find myself turning the sound down on both Stan and 9 and listening to Bruce and Melinda Gainsford-Taylor, with Quentin Hull or Q as they all call him, pre a race, but turn it down when a short race is on as analogue is about 3-5 seconds ahead of the digital feed. My digital radio is stuffed and I don't think the ABC app is allowed to broadcast their call as it means if you are in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, or Perth you wouldn't tune into 9 Radio's call.

Zhoya clipped maybe 6 hurdles there and still finished top 3. Good for him, I've watched a few of his interviews prior to the Games and he still has a lot of respect for Australia.

Holloway is incredible, what an athlete.
Yeah he is a machine - looks huge but is so smooth.

I completely forgot about Sasha Zhoya who ran in Holloway's heat and qualified for the semi, but luckily I had the radio on, and Bruce and Melinda talked about the freakish athlete from Perth, born in Perth of French parents, who could run for either Oz or France, did these amazing times when he was 16/18/20 as a junior starting in about 2018 as seen as the next big thing. Don't know when but he chose France and the Paris Olympics probably played a decent part.

Zhoya still has a lot of respect for Australia.
Well he should do. He was born here, his family home is still in Perth, he holds a bunch of Australian junior records.

And he only jumped to France because of the dollars (or francs...).

When the possible change of nationality was first rumoured I actually emailed Gina Rinehart asking if she could assist in any way but didn't get a reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

400m hurdles Bol in heat 3 should be on in a couple of minutes and Aussie travel half the globe in 5 days to run 3 races qualify Alanah Yukich in also in that heat and Sydney McLaughlin is in heat 5.

What is Whately on about?

"Yukich tried to make the team in the 400 flat"

Ummm no.. she only ran the flat earlier in the year to try to help the Aussie 4x400m team make the Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back