Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

He runs the 1500? Based on how he went in that 5000 it seems absurd.
He's had success but he needs to take the pace out and grind people down..

The rest of the world can handle that now and have a better kick.
I agree it was a mistake not letting Meyers in and Stewey just focusing on the 5k

He runs the 1500?
He has run every distance from 1500m to 10000m (including steeplechase) internationally for Australia. And held the Oz record for Mile & 10,000m.

Hoping he concentrates on 5000/10000 for the rest of his career - or even marathon.

The American Harrison lined up in the very rare long/high jump double in Tokyo & did well in both finals...This time around with just one event he bombs out early...Although, did look to have an ankle issue.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to abuse channel 9 on multiple threads for bailing on the coverage when we were waiting on the photo and final placings to see if McDonald made the final

I'd like to abuse channel 9 on multiple threads for bailing on the coverage when we were waiting on the photo and final placings to see if McDonald made the final

Just watch BBC commentary on the Nine app under the "Athletics" box instead. You can just stay on the athletics without Nine changing to something else.

BBC commentary

It's not 'BBC commentary' - it's 'world feed'.

The feed has been provided for decades - mainly for countries who couldn't provide their own commentary teams. The IOC employ commentators from many countries.

eg - Aussie Nicole Livingstone did the swimming with an American guy. Bruce McAvaney has also done some in the past.

It's not 'BBC commentary' - it's 'world feed'.

The feed has been provided for decades - mainly for countries who couldn't provide their own commentary teams. The IOC employ commentators from many countries.

eg - Aussie Nicole Livingstone did the swimming with an American guy. Bruce McAvaney has also done some in the past.
Yeah that’s what I meant. One of the guys is the voice of Athletics (is it Steve cram?) whose voice is synonymous with Athletics when the world championships are on.

Anyway it’s better than listening to Gerard Whately, who wants to say something “profound” every time he talks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that’s what I meant. One of the guys is the voice of Athletics (is it Steve cram?) whose voice is synonymous with Athletics when the world championships are on.

Anyway it’s better than listening to Gerard Whately, who wants to say something “profound” every time he talks.
I think so he also does the diamond league.

British accent the best for commentary.

Double World Champion needs to improve about 4m to join her Aussie team-mates in the Spear-chucking final. One last chance.

Steve Cram does the BBC commentary

Brit sports broadcaster Rob Walker has done most of the world feed commentary here, the other Brit who hasn't done much of calling of races here is Tim Hutchings who ran middle distances for Great Britain in mid 1980's to early 1990's. Both these guys do the World Athletics' feed for the World Champs and Diamonds League.

Good point by Culbert.

Kath Mitchell reaches her 4th (successive) Olympic final. Never been done by an Aussie athlete before - and not by too many internationals either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back