Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyles pre game entrance looked off. Something was up. Just didn’t seem right and I felt the antics perhaps masked something.
He did the same sorta shit before the 100m too.

AdelaideGT given how crook Lyles looked after the race, do you reckon there might have been something in that rumour you wrote about a few hours ago that he wasn't going to run the 200m?

Paki Nadeem's opening throw a huge 92.97m throw.

I love how India and Pakistan do nothing in athletics over the decades then Nadeem and Chopra rock and continue the Pakistan v India sporting rivalry in the same event when they had so many others in athletics to choose to be good in.

Must be the good cricket throwing arms they developed as kids.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember going to an athletics meet in Adelaide where they had the javelin guys also competing in a 'cricket ball toss' where the goal was to beat Dennis Lillee's record.

Can't remember what happened or what the record was although 96m kind of rings a bell.

If Lyles was diagnosed after the 100m why did they allow him to compete for the 200m?

They've forced other athletes out of competing because of it.

why did they allow him to compete for the 200m?

There is no rule forbidding it.

Aussies have competed while (probably) still contagious.

They have just been dosed up on anti-virals, asked to wear a mask when near others and do the hand-sanitising stuff that should be second nature to everyone in the world by now.

Lyles wore a mask in the call-room and sat apart from other competitors.

And who is 'they'?

If anyone's withdrawn because of covid, it's more likely to be on the advice of their own medical team rather than any Olympic official.

And who is 'they'?
Lani Pallister for one.

There was an article on the American version of the Today show a few days ago where an athlete said he was forced to withdraw from his competition. He said he was given no choice. I can't recall the name or the sport so might have something to do with the particular sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back