Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Well one African girl ran away with it, the Kenyan girl got the gold but a brave run from the Italian girl to get the silver.

The Dutch girl finished strong too to get the bronze, the Aussie girl had a crack early but ran out of puff towards the end.

Benjamin finally beats Warholm in a big race and Dos Santos gets another bronze.

Not as fast as their usual battles 46.47 was the winning time. The rain / slippery track may have had an affect

Spain winning the gold in the triple jump final, Portugal getting the silver and Italy getting the bronze.

Ch9 showing it on delay and now they are showing the men's 400m hurdles on delay.

Do these clowns show anything live?

Last edited:
Watching the women's 4x100m ceremony there are 6 Brits on the silver podium, 4 USA on gold podium and 5 Germans on the bronze podium.

They said they were going to do this but it didn't happen at the swimming and I don't think it happened for the Mixed relay as I'm pretty sure I only saw 4 Dutchies on the gold podium when they had a heat runner whom Bol replaced in the final.

The men's 4x100m ceremony there are 4 South Africans on the silver podium, 4 Canadians on the gold podium and 5 Brits on the bronze podium.

And the great Paul Tergat hands out the medals as the IOC member. Won silver in the 10000m in both Atlanta and Sydney and somehow Gebrselassie held him off in Sydney by 9/100ths which was a smaller margin than the Maurice Greene's 100m margin over Ato Bolton - that was 12/100ths. I got as excited about that as Freeman earlier in the night. He also lost to Gebrselassie by almost a second in Atlanta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another classic botched US handover

Still haven't won the Men's 4x100m since Sydney
I genuinely cannot believe Bednarek. He took off so early and just kept on going, and going, until finally realising hang on I need to stop. DSQ anyway. Just an absolute shambles. Even their last changeover, not that it mattered, was awful. Final guy could’ve ran an extra 10 metres easy before taking the baton.

Why do so many of the baton changes use a downwards motion, or simply a pushing type of placement to a grabbing hand? When I did little athletics (decades ago) they told the receiver to form an upside down V and then it was passed in an upwards motion. The little athletics website now says to do the downwards motion, but the upwards motion was so bloody easy and seems much better to me.

A Belgian runner in the mix for the marathon medals too.

He looks like an African that emigrated to Belgium but I will be cheering him on nonetheless.

I'm not being racist btw, Belgium is my adopted European country after spending some time living there.

A Belgian runner in the mix for the marathon medals too.

He looks like an African that emigrated to Belgium but I will be cheering him on nonetheless.

I'm not being racist btw, Belgium is my adopted European country after spending some time living there.
Belgian Congo was a thing - though dont look too closely at how that all panned out

Belgian Congo was a thing - though dont look too closely at how that all panned out

I just googled him, he was born in Somalia and emigrated to Belgium via Ethiopia as a youngster.

No surprise he is a good marathon runner with that pedigree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back