Summer Paris 2024 - Volleyball

Remove this Banner Ad

France v Slovenia another epic 5 setter with some clutch (and slightly controversial) plays deciding it.

All the crowds have been great at this Olympics especially when Europeans are involved but I feel like the volleyball fans are next level.

France v Slovenia another epic 5 setter with some clutch (and slightly controversial) plays deciding it.

All the crowds have been great at this Olympics especially when Europeans are involved but I feel like the volleyball fans are next level.
Big game that. Slovenia become favourites to me now, but not much between most these teams.

France looking ominous.
Friday night vs Slovenia should be terrific. Both are through to the quarters, but think both would want to use the hit-out as a way to set-up for a Gold Medal run.

Volleyball is using a mixed playoff system, top seeds in each group are 1-3 but 2nd and 3rd ranked teams are jumbled up. And then 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

In theory, a team could replay against their pool opponent (if top = 3rd, second = 6th). But the two top ranked teams will play third ranked teams.
And it was!

Similar for Poland / Italy soon

Either of them could jump to #1 overall with a 3-0 win.

More likely a closer match, winner takes the group and has a good chance of pushing towards medals.

Just finished watching Poland versus Italy. Italy were so impressive, might be the best performance I’ve seen in this Olympics so far. Will be hard to beat.

Italy take the first two sets off Turkey, 25-14, 25-16. Really making a statement here, they look amazing.

Yup on both sides looking superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Volleyball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back