Past player - Aaron Kite

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ND Pick # 71 - Aaron Kite - Calder Cannons

I've got the TAC GF on tape, might have a look out for Kite. :thumbsu:
Don't bother he got about 5 touches.

Having played against him i can tell you that he is reasonabally quick, between 188 to 190cm. Underage draftee who has played senior footy for his local team in the Essendon District football league from Glenroy.

If you have any questions ask and i may be able to give you an answer.

Having played against him i can tell you that he is reasonabally quick, between 188 to 190cm. Underage draftee who has played senior footy for his local team in the Essendon District football league from Glenroy.

Is he going to be a good AFL Player?

Strengths, weaknesses?

Yep didn't do much in GF.

What do you rate as his strengths and what do you rate as his weaknesses??

Has a fair bit of upside and imo its to early to tell if he'll make it or not. I see him as half forward flanker at AFL level.

Strengths: Good hands, can take a contested mark. Athletic and as mentioned previously has pace. Also a decent kick for goal and field kicking is good too. Has plenty of confidence. He's also played the game from a very young age.

Weaknesses: Understandably very skiny and needs to put some weight on. Doesn't like body contact and can make poor choices with the footy at times. Maybe not so much a weakness but won't be ready for AFL footy for 3-4 yrs.

If i think of anything more i'll let you know.

I was surprised we picked him up but he is very young and could devleop.

he will be a long term player like Walker, but he will not be ready next year.

He played at CHF for times for the Cannons and he has the physcial attributes in time ot make it to the next level.

He is not a crab like Perrie and Kenny.

He is quite mobile and can take a good mark.

he is good kick for goal.

All of the boys picked have good skills but we will not see many of the m in a Crows jumper in 2008.

We may see the club slide in 2008 but it will not be due to the selections this year.

Rather is is due to some of the dud picks and selctions 4-7 years ago which are now biting us on the arse.

The only saving grace may be tha we will have a poor year next year and will be able to pick up a Rich, Natuinui, Hartlett etc.

Has a fair bit of upside and imo its to early to tell if he'll make it or not. I see him as half forward flanker at AFL level.

Strengths: Good hands, can take a contested mark. Athletic and as mentioned previously has pace. Also a decent kick for goal and field kicking is good too. Has plenty of confidence. He's also played the game from a very young age.

Weaknesses: Understandably very skiny and needs to put some weight on. Doesn't like body contact and can make poor choices with the footy at times. Maybe not so much a weakness but won't be ready for AFL footy for 3-4 yrs.

If i think of anything more i'll let you know.

Hope he isn't Luke Jehrico Mk II:p

Just watching the TAC GF and keeping an eye out for him.

191cm and 77kg, thin as a rake. Looks to have an excellent vertical leap though. Dead set pretty boy, been watching for 2 minutes and he's paid more attention to his hair than the game. :D Dale Thomas clone.

I hate to say it, and yes I’ve only seen the one game, but he looks like an absolute replica of Jericho. :eek:

Got good height and a good vertical leap so he’s a pretty good athlete but my word if that game was anything to go on I’m a bit skeptical. He went up for a marking contest and after initially going up with two hands he went up with only one. On at least 2 or 3 occasions he made pretty mediocre attempts to mark it and he almost shirked physical contact.

I know he’s still extremely thin (slimmest thighs ever) so that might be an excuse but regardless of someone's build you can normally get a pretty accurate indication of how hard they hit the contests and he didn't hit them hard at all.

on afc.com they are pretty stoked about him, apparently is a dead set bottom ager the club reckons will take 3 years to be ready, but felt that he was too good to go through to next year, and they passed up other guys who can be rookie listed in the hope they will be there when we have our picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on afc.com they are pretty stoked about him, apparently is a dead set bottom ager the club reckons will take 3 years to be ready, but felt that he was too good to go through to next year, and they passed up other guys who can be rookie listed in the hope they will be there when we have our picks

Initially, I was surprised with this pick, as I thought it would have been better saving it for the PSD and rookieing anyone down this end of the draft that we like.

But what you've said makes sense - bottom agers can't be rookied, and if we thought he could be on the rise for next year, might as well take the risk now. We can give him a couple of years.

don't know much about him, skinny as hell but that can be fixed....... with time

That's the only thing i'm worried about all our picks need well time as good as they are I think next year will be a little down but the future is looking bright!!

and how can people say that next years draft will be strong how do they have any idea? you can't really judge a draft until 2 or 3 years after it!

don't know much about him, skinny as hell but that can be fixed....... with time

That's the only thing i'm worried about all our picks need well time as good as they are I think next year will be a little down but the future is looking bright!!

and how can people say that next years draft will be strong how do they have any idea? you can't really judge a draft until 2 or 3 years after it!
comparisons are made with previous drafts as to how strong the pool is at this stage (1 year before draft).

2006 was touted as a strong draft probably in 2004, and looks to be pretty spot on.

Re: Aaron Kite - ND Pick # 71 - Calder Cannons

I haven't seen this guy play but yeah the AFC seems to think he'd be a bolter next year if they passed him up.

In their dreams :rolleyes: ...........have watched the U18 GF a few times now and IMO he is the new holder of the Mathew Smith award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back