Past Player - Aidan Riley

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NSW Scholarship Player - Aidan Riley

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt young aidan playing in the U18 champs for NSW/ACT.
Im pretty sure he is so ill try and track down some results.

He was on the squad initially and played in the warm up matches and I beleive week one. But IIRC he did an injury that has kept him out of WOllongong and NSW/ACT.

but I leave the state team to cmndstab. I only look after Aaron (all the time) and Aiden when he's stuck with his club in SydneyAFL, but I dont think he is going to make it :(. Unless the rookie list gets expanded to 6 starting next year year instead of the year after

|-) finally. Tracked him down. He was in Wollongong's reserves last week. 3rd best no goals in a 95-39pt loss

PS. cmndstab, this is your guy. I only stalk Aaron Duncan. ;)

but I leave the state team to cmndstab. I only look after Aaron (all the time) and Aiden when he's stuck with his club in SydneyAFL, but I dont think he is going to make it :(. Unless the rookie list gets expanded to 6 starting next year year instead of the year after
Rookie lists were expanded from 4/6 to 6/8 at the end of 2009 (we currently have 5 rookies + 2 veterans) and will remain that way until at least 2011.

* 4/6 indicates 4 rookies, 2 veterans, total 6 players outside the senior list. Some teams don't have a full compliment of veterans, so they have more rookies instead.

Apparently Riley's been injured for a few weeks (that toe problem I mentioned a while ago) and last week was his first game back. He's expected to play in the last two games of the championships.

Edit: Aidan was in the Div 1 match last week, which is pretty cool :thumbsu: Great to see him move out of the U18s.

Double edit: Word from the club says they expect to be rookie listing him this year. If you can remotely believe the club when it comes to what they say about draft (probably not :eek:)

Apparently Riley's been injured for a few weeks (that toe problem I mentioned a while ago) and last week was his first game back. He's expected to play in the last two games of the championships.

Edit: Aidan was in the Div 1 match last week, which is pretty cool :thumbsu: Great to see him move out of the U18s.

Double edit: Word from the club says they expect to be rookie listing him this year. If you can remotely believe the club when it comes to what they say about draft (probably not :eek:)
I doubt they'd bluff on that, there's no need to because he'd be a pre nomination for the draft.

didnt play for Wollongong this week in any grades.

So he's either in the Rams this week or injured again.

Aidan was scheduled to play for Wollongong this weekend but it appears he got a late call-up to the NSW/ACT team (which he was expected to join next week anyway) that beat NT today.

He didn't get in bests or anything, just caught his name at the end of this article:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/79091/default.aspx

NSW/ACT holds off NT in NAB AFL U18s

THE NSW/ACT Rams have held off a spirited Northern Territory Thunder to record an eight-point win in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships clash at ANZ Stadium.

Keiran Emery finished with four goals while Jordan Williams, Liam Johnson and Thomas Young were the Rams’ best.

Roland Ah Chee was outstanding for the Thunder with a game-high 30 touches and two goals. Troy Taylor (three goals) and Robert Hale (two) provided good targets up forward.

The Rams started brightly with Chaz Sargeant providing a strong target up forward but he could only convert one of his three early chances.

Diminutive NT half-forward Curtly Reid roved a smart goal to even the ledger before his side took control.

Taylor and Hale proved a handful for the NSW/ACT defence with three goals between them and despite a major from Swans scholarship holder Ryan Bottin-Noonan, NSW/ACT trailed by 11 points at the first change.

Sargeant opened the second term his second goal for the Rams as the home side’s size and strength began to tell in the wet conditions.

Will Langford was excellent with his rebound from defence and the NSW/ACT tall forwards were too strong for their undersized opponents.

Emery slotted two goals for the term as the Rams edged in front but Taylor’s third goal after the half-time siren gave the Thunder a two-point lead.

Promising NT tall Steven May spent most of the first half in defence but he started the second half in attack and it paid dividends as he soccered the first goal of the third term.

But the Rams hit back quickly through Emery and Dylan McNeil – who booted two goals in two minutes – to wrest back the lead.

Jason Tutt kicked truly after Aidan Riley was collected late in a marking contest as NSW/ACT headed into the last quarter with a 14-point lead.

The Rams’ fitness told in the final term as they held the Thunder at bay, despite the excellent efforts of lively midfielder Roland Ah Chee.

NSW/ACT Rams 2.3 6.6 10.7 12.10 (82)
Northern Territory Thunder 4.2 7.2 8.5 11.8 (74)

GOALS
NSW/ACT: Keiran Emery 4, Chaz Sargeant 2, Dylan McNeil 2, Ryan Bottin-Noonan, Kaine Stevens, Jason Tutt, Liam Johnson
Northern Territory: Troy Taylor 3, Robert Hale 2, Curtly Reid 2, Roland Ah Chee 2, Steven May, Tim Kelly

BEST
NSW/ACT: Liam Johnson, Jordan Williams, Will Langford, Thomas Young, Dylan McNeil, Chaz Sargeant
Northern Territory: Roland Ah Chee, Troy Taylor, Charlie McAdam, James Wray, Curtly Reid

Well, if he can attract a free kick he's doing better than most current Crows players I guess :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Riley was actually knocked out and stretchered off.

Drum - you may be interested in this thread from the D&T forums, here's a quick quote:

Kid I really like is Ah Chee. One of the players I really wanted to see and he didnt disappoint. Very good mover and very good with his skills.....it was pretty wet. Was also interested to see Troy Taylor who has been highly touted. He went well - provided a decent target up fwd and seems a pretty good mover. Look out for May as well. I was expecting him to play more midfield but he played down back and was pretty good. Goes well for a bigger kid. USes the footy really well. Be interested in the thoughts on the young bloke Reid for NT - he seemed to be in it a fair bit as well.

Be interested in what some of the NT watchers think of Ah Chee (I think he could go pretty high), Troy Taylor and May. They were the ones that seemed a class above.

I was interested reading a post from a Sydney supporter who watches reserves, about Aidan (who played in the reserves until he got NSW Scholarship listed with the Crows)

he was great for us in the Ressies grand final last year

i didnt see a lot of him as i was watching a young boy by the name of Ryan B-N (our scholarship boy) But from what i saw of him hes good takes some freakish marks one that almost cost him his neck...pretty solid aswell

Solid, takes a good mark, puts his body on the line, steps up for a grand final... all in all a pretty nice wrap :)

Checked in with Rendell about Riley, he said that Riley was playing well until he got knocked out. Spent the night in hospital and is expected to miss this weekend's match (against SA) but should be good to go on the following Wednesday.

Not sure who NSW/ACT is playing then though.

Checked in with Rendell about Riley, he said that Riley was playing well until he got knocked out. Spent the night in hospital and is expected to miss this weekend's match (against SA) but should be good to go on the following Wednesday.

Not sure who NSW/ACT is playing then though.
It would be the day when eevryone is in Etihad tadium

they play the team of QLD/TAS that they havnt played yet.
While the quadrupil header finishes with South Australia vs Vic Metro.

It would be the day when eevryone is in Etihad tadium

they play the team of QLD/TAS that they havnt played yet.
While the quadrupil header finishes with South Australia vs Vic Metro.
That could be such a day off work day haha, but I think it will be a tape on foxtel day.

but is it on Foxtel this year?

but I havnt seen any advertisement for the game this year.

Aiden not named in the best today, and no goals.

DETAILS
Tasmania 0.4 0.5 3.9 6.11 (47)
NSW/ACT 3.1 6.1 10.5 13.6 (84)

GOALS
Tasmania: Archer, Boon, Green, Groenewegen, Mott, Rundle
NSW/ACT: McNeil 4, Emery 2, Stubbs 2, Duncan, Hancock, Langford, Sargeant, Tutt

BEST
Tasmania: Green, Davies, Milne, Rundle, Crichton, Mott
NSW/ACT: McNeil, Young, Stubbs, Kirkwood, Tutt, Lawton, Williams

did anyone watch the game?

I slept in and started watching the second game from 3 qtr time.

and Drummund. Ah Chee isnt the really good Norwood player I remember from earlier in the year. But he does look really good out there right now. Love his tackling.

Aiden not named in the best today, and no goals.

DETAILS
Tasmania 0.4 0.5 3.9 6.11 (47)
NSW/ACT 3.1 6.1 10.5 13.6 (84)

GOALS
Tasmania: Archer, Boon, Green, Groenewegen, Mott, Rundle
NSW/ACT: McNeil 4, Emery 2, Stubbs 2, Duncan, Hancock, Langford, Sargeant, Tutt

BEST
Tasmania: Green, Davies, Milne, Rundle, Crichton, Mott
NSW/ACT: McNeil, Young, Stubbs, Kirkwood, Tutt, Lawton, Williams

You watched the game, right? Can you give us a rough possession count?

Had him down for:
17 possies @ 82% eff, 4 were contested
8 kicks @ 75% eff
9 handballs @ 89% eff
4 marks, none contested
4 tackles
1 free for
1 free against
2 rebound 50's
1 inside 50
2 clearances