Past Player - James Sellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #29 - James Sellar

Gee, it would be very disappointing if we parted ways with him at the end of the year.
Like Trent, surely he's worth persisting with for another year or two...

I've got the feeling he might be cut.

On field not producing, off field not quite what they would like (so I've heard).

Frow what I hear the Club loves his off field as in training work which was the major reason for his debut earlier in the year.

Yeah mate but how many weeks ago was that? ;)

Well I heard it before the showdown from a bloke who heard it a week before that.

So it's unlikely that Sellar's training attitude has declined that quickly since that was what, a month ago?

Unless you're referring to his debut, if so, indeed you're right.

Also do agree that Sellar does have a distinct Obst/Pfeiffer vibe at the moment.

Anyone know if he got a two or three year initial contract?

I'd be extremely disappointed if we were to delist or trade him (for less than a first rounder) this season.
He showed a lot of great signs in the Preseason cup and although it hasn't been a great year for him from then on in he's definitely still worth persisting with.
he's still very bottom aged for a key forward and his progress hasn't exactly been helped by sitting on the bench or playing as a ruck in the Glenelg team.
He really needs to either get moved to another SANFL team, or get some good minutes at CHF/FF with the Glenelg League team, or maybe a couple of their other players getting picked up by interstate clubs :D for us to get a better indication of where he really is at and for him to develop into the player we know he could be

All a load of cr*p. He won't be delisted, he's what 20 at most and as far as 196-198cm players go is actually quick with some good hands. He will develop into something good.

AFC should just play the guy all preseason, they did it with Tippett this year and a fair bit of the actual season, for half the time he played he touched it less than 5 times so Sellar hasn't got too much to compete against

All a load of cr*p. He won't be delisted, he's what 20 at most and as far as 196-198cm players go is actually quick with some good hands. He will develop into something good.

AFC should just play the guy all preseason, they did it with Tippett this year and a fair bit of the actual season, for half the time he played he touched it less than 5 times so Sellar hasn't got too much to compete against

He is 19.

Got to love the myths that pop up.

"He had a great PS Cup"

A half of good football followed by a poor half then 2 games of rubbish.

I love it more when it's matched with more rubbish with the new rubbish being the diometric opposite.

He played an average of half a match in the MMC, about 3 halves of football. So he certainly didn't play 5 halves of crap.

He is 19.

Exactly why any talking of delisting him is rubbish IMO. He hasn't performed at league level to where everyone would of liked him to, but hell at 19 there is still plenty of development yet. It often takes key position players a lot longer to develop, and while I'm nervous it may not happen with Jimmy, it's too early to delist him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Jimmy will come good, they need to play him all preseason again after some solid training, get him positive for Round 1 and he should be handy.

No way they will drop him, he needs at least next year to show a bit, took Vince a while to show didn't?? really only had a handful of in and out games before this year so Sellar being a big boy will take longer

With Trent possibly being delisted...can't have him Burton and Gill all together, one must go aand Sellar and Walker as the two back ups with Moran, Porps, Vince and Douglas another key forwrd would be looked at in the draft...any thoughts !!!!

With Trent possibly being delisted...can't have him Burton and Gill all together, one must go aand Sellar and Walker as the two back ups with Moran, Porps, Vince and Douglas another key forwrd would be looked at in the draft...any thoughts !!!!

I think Trent is very close to gone.

What made him such a good forward was his mobility and agility, if that's gone then there's trouble.

Sellar MUST stay on the list.

I'm wetting myself over the forwrads of Sellar, Walker, Tippett, Douglas, Porps, jacky, with reting moran, ivan, vince, goody.

We will probably go with a KPP in the 3rd round and another ruck in the 4th.

Burton will be on the long term injury list, can't see AFC keep both in Henschtel, they have said his mobility is gone. Fingers crossed though.

Walker, Sellar are the future forwards with Tippett, Moran cameo roles. I think in drafting they will grab another KPP or ruck or they may just go with attacking fast midfielders, Geelong has very few KPP players, same with Bulldogs....fast and lean

Burton will be on the long term injury list, can't see AFC keep both in Henschtel, they have said his mobility is gone. Fingers crossed though.

Walker, Sellar are the future forwards with Tippett, Moran cameo roles. I think in drafting they will grab another KPP or ruck or they may just go with attacking fast midfielders, Geelong has very few KPP players, same with Bulldogs....fast and lean

Forgot to add, after watching Richo again yesterday, this is what I think Sellar could become. Richo is definitely not the most coordinated or skillful players, he just busts his guts, runs all day and can take a grab, this is what Jimmy can do.

Next year I hope the club tries him as a HFF playing up onto the wing and back deep into goals with Stevens, Gill, Tippett, Moran at traditional CHF position. Then we'll see what Jimmy is made of

Forgot to add, after watching Richo again yesterday, this is what I think Sellar could become. Richo is definitely not the most coordinated or skillful players, he just busts his guts, runs all day and can take a grab, this is what Jimmy can do.

Next year I hope the club tries him as a HFF playing up onto the wing and back deep into goals with Stevens, Gill, Tippett, Moran at traditional CHF position. Then we'll see what Jimmy is made of

I dunno, Sellar doesn't have the motor of a Richo, he is deceptively quick, but his endurance has never been a strong point, endurance which enables Richo to be such a damaging player. Sellar I see as more Franklinesque in strong, quick hard leads where he uses his height to outstretch opponents. But then he's got a long way to go before he can do this. I'm just hoping he can show similar improvement to that which he achieved over the past pre-season in this one coming and play some quality football in the preseason cup, which could hopefully be translated into the home and away season.

I'd say f*#* it and bring him in anyway lol.
I really like the look of him
maybe next year after another pre-season. wouldn't bring him in during the business end of the year when he's only played a single AFL game and currently in reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back