Past Player - Jared Petrenko

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #42 - Jared Petrenko

what are peoples thoughts on how petrenko will go next year?

NAB Cup should give us a good sign.

I think he'll play 12+, I think he'll do quite well, providing well needed dash and flair.

Just a question: What position do you think petrenko will play, I think he played mainly in defence for wwt, I was thinking with him, mcleod & johncock in defence that would be a defence that is to small for most teams correct?...so do we push one of mcleod or johncock foward or have petrenko in the middle or foward.

I was thinking of pushing johncock foward as he could be a handy crumber and imo mcleod is more valuable down in defence.

Just a question: What position do you think petrenko will play, I think he played mainly in defence for wwt, I was thinking with him, mcleod & johncock in defence that would be a defence that is to small for most teams correct?...so do we push one of mcleod or johncock foward or have petrenko in the middle or foward.

I was thinking of pushing johncock foward as he could be a handy crumber and imo mcleod is more valuable down in defence.

patrenko will be a good back pocketer, not a replacement for mcleod, not to step into mcleods shoes but to try and do a mcleod type role! I wouldnt expect him to play next year, i probably wouldnt expect him to play until mcloed retires actually!

patrenko will be a good back pocketer, not a replacement for mcleod, not to step into mcleods shoes but to try and do a mcleod type role! I wouldnt expect him to play next year, i probably wouldnt expect him to play until mcloed retires actually!

ha, he will play next year.

The club has talked about the possibility of using him as a small forward, so don't rule him out of that position just yet. If he continues to improve on last year I'm sure he will get a decent number of games.

Fair enouhg I didnt hear the club say that and since he didnt play in the foward line for wwt (I think may be wrong) I was assuming he would be used in defence and maybe short bursts in the midfield...its going to be interesting to see where he is played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Petrenko will be a good half back or back pocket player and in a few years could play in the middle, if he played in defence it could release Johncock to a small forward role which would be handy for us, if Johncock played up forward i see him kicking 20-30 goals

The club has talked about the possibility of using him as a small forward, so don't rule him out of that position just yet. If he continues to improve on last year I'm sure he will get a decent number of games.

id like to see him played up forward also. despite big early wraps on him last yr, jacky was very underwhelming imo and i hope he isnt the only small fwd saviour in future plans

id like to see him played up forward also. despite big early wraps on him last yr, jacky was very underwhelming imo and i hope he isnt the only small fwd saviour in future plans

I don't think Jacky was underwhelming at all, he was played before he was ready and considering that I think he played well in two of his games, he looked like he belonged in the team in the third.

IMO Jared Petrenko will definitely play games next year

He has pace, he runs the lines and he is good in traffic, the type of player you need to break opposition teams defensive zones like the cluster

They wouldn't have elevated him if they had no intention of playing him. Can't wait to see him next year, from what I've seen of him he's exactly what we need.

IMO Jared Petrenko will definitely play games next year

He has pace, he runs the lines and he is good in traffic, the type of player you need to break opposition teams defensive zones like the cluster

I would hope he playes next year barring injury or a massive form slump otherwise if hes not in our best 22 I would be pissed off.

An interesting thing to think about there
If we did take Salter over Moss, would Port then have taken Petrenko with their pick?
If there was a chance of that happening then i'm happy it went the way it did

Im very happy with Petrenko and Moss.

Moss will have a fantastic career for the AFC, mark my words. He was hidden away playing for Willaston before he was drafted and therefore he was unknown outside of SA.

An interesting thing to think about there
If we did take Salter over Moss, would Port then have taken Petrenko with their pick?
If there was a chance of that happening then i'm happy it went the way it did

Nah, I think it was revealed that it was either Moss or Salter. If we take Moss they take Salter, if we take Salter they take Moss, something like that, we decided we preferred Moss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back