Past Player - Myke Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ND Pick # 38 - Myke Cook - Sandringham Dragons

I must admit, this guy is my favourite pick. ;)

18490.jpg

Yeah i'm a mate of his hes a surfer boy who goes out with ex Footscray player now Richmond Assistant Coach, Brian Royal's Daughter and they have been going out for quite some time now!

Many thought he might have a chance at getting picked up at the rookie draft no one actually thought he would go in the national draft!

HAHA a mini Trent Hentshel wiht the hair;)
I had never heard of him...
He needs a haircut:p

From Inside Footy

Midfielder, Sandringham Vic, DOB: 9/10/89 Ht: 182cms Wt: 76 kg

"Started the year as a mid-fielder and he's a bit of a Dale Thomas look-alike with the hair all over the place. He then went on the wing, which really changed his status and later he played forward. He's quick with a sharp change of direction and he presents well as a forward and finishes OK. He wins the ball, takes them on and arches the back and would take a couple of bounces per possession."

Sandringham Dragons Regional Manager Wayne Oswald.

Cook was also listed by Inside Footy as one of the likely lads to be drafted.

He has pace to burn.

year was cut short by knee injury.

He can play in the midfield or he can play down forward.

Probably the riskiest of our picks.

If he plays to his potential will give us some real grunt from the midfield but once again not year.

We may have a number of boys on our list who will not be ready to play for 2008 but who will be ready to go in 2009.

Dont be surprised if we have some short term pain for some long term gain.

We may have a number of boys on our list who will not be ready to play for 2008 but who will be ready to go in 2009.

Dont be surprised if we have some short term pain for some long term gain.
This is looking likely.

If at any stage we can't make the finals we should blood some of this year's draftees & give them a taste.

This is looking likely.

If at any stage we can't make the finals we should blood some of this year's draftees & give them a taste.

Apparently next years draft will be strong, maybe we are positioning ourselves for some good picks.

Cook on FiveAA right now. I really like him, he’s my draftee. :D

He lived in SA for a while so there should be no go home factor.

What did he say? Not much I guess, these draftees are pretty nervous as it the first time they are on air... Some of these kids speak like little girls though, It's pretty funny hearing some of them. But its expereince I guess, after a while they'd be used to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Wildy introduced Myke Cook as a player with the reputation of being an extremely quick aggressive player who kicks well on the run and kicks goals.

As Drummond said, he was originally an Adelaide boy before his family moved to Melbourne. He started playing footy there and even then his natural pace was his big advantage.

He played forward as a junior but was moved into the mid-field at u/18's level bevause of his extreme pace.

He was extremely excited to be drafted, as his hopes were either that or being rookied, and when asked whether he would have preferred to have stayed in Vic, he said he was just happy to be drafted. He thought he had a chance because of his pace, and now this was a dream come true for him.

He said that he gets on well with Otto (Andy Ottens) and has chatted a few time to Patrick (Dangerfield) so that was good.

He's flying over tomorrow to meet the players and found it very hard throughout the whole interview to contain his excitement.

Another speed machine!! :)

Is it just a coincidence that most of these Victorian kids seem to know/get along with the others?

Thanks Mojon95- http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397830

Test results for Myke Cook:
Code:
            Height Weight 5m   10m    AG    Beep  SVJ  RS
Pre Season- 181.50 79.20 1.05  2.96  8.61  13.1    70
Screening-  184.10 76.70 1.06  2.99                62  24.95

5m= 5 metre Sprint
20m= 20 metre Sprint
AG= Agility
Beep= Shuttle run/Beep Test
SVJ= Standing Verticle Jump
RS= Repeat Sprints

Seems to grown a bit taller but has slowed a fraction... but thats nothing. His SVJ has gone down as well. His weight has gone down... got ridden of the puppy fat maybe? He didn't have a beep/AG result for DC. His pre-season beep is ok.

I'm surprised he wasn't talked about more during the year as he's got a lot of talent in my opinion and is a very shrewd selection. Possibly flew under the radar a bit after playing injured a lot during the year due to having a knee injury which he carried for most of the 2nd half of the year.

Good size, very athletic, very good acceleration, good hands, good work-rate (2nd and 3rd efforts are really good) and plays with real intensity. His real strength though is his lateral movement and his strength through the hips that allow him to break tackles. Loves to carry the footy and while he might not win 30+ possessions each week, most of his possessions will hurt the opposition as he likes to carry the footy and kick long. Has shown he can pinch hit at FF too.

He's probably my favourite player in the draft this year, in my opinion you have yourselves a very good, immensely exciting player.

I'm surprised he wasn't talked about more during the year as he's got a lot of talent in my opinion and is a very shrewd selection. Possibly flew under the radar a bit after playing injured a lot during the year due to having a knee injury which he carried for most of the 2nd half of the year.

Good size, very athletic, very good acceleration, good hands, good work-rate (2nd and 3rd efforts are really good) and plays with real intensity. His real strength though is his lateral movement and his strength through the hips that allow him to break tackles. Loves to carry the footy and while he might not win 30+ possessions each week, most of his possessions will hurt the opposition as he likes to carry the footy and kick long. Has shown he can pinch hit at FF too.

He's probably my favourite player in the draft this year, in my opinion you have yourselves a very good, immensely exciting player.

Sounds like we're on a winner. Cheers for the info!

Obviously not many people have heard of him. But I know a bit about him so I let me just fill you in a little.

He's a medium midfielder from St Bede's Mentone. He's an extremely quick and aggressive player who kicks well on the run and is smart around goals.

Yeah i'm a mate of his hes a surfer boy who goes out with ex Footscray player now Richmond Assistant Coach, Brian Royal's Daughter and they have been going out for quite some time now!

Many thought he might have a chance at getting picked up at the rookie draft no one actually thought he would go in the national draft!

well he went pretty early too. 38 is not shabby.

good luck to him :)

Thanks for the info, macca!! :thumbsu: :)

Was mentioned in the Advertiser this morning that he used to live in Adelaide until he was 11 and is a Crows supporter :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Player - Myke Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back