Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My understanding is they'll rip down some of the stands and make it more usable for teh WAFL and probably hold about 20-25,000 people.

WC are also pretty keen to get access to a lot more of the area to expand their clubroom facilities which are seriously lacking

I'd like to see it turned into a west coast training facility, but i'm sure Subiaco football club would jump on the opportunity to turn this into a WAFL ground

This is the seating chart for the manly v warriors game in july
7393908994_0819963abb_z.jpg

Does anyone know why some of the blocks opposite the city end are listed as unavailable?

It looks like they want a barrier between the reserved seats and the general admission. Probably to stop people with GA tickets inadvertently shifting into someone's seat. I can't explain the couple of parts which don't have one though.

Maybe they're borrowing Port's bay covers?

It looks like they want a barrier between the reserved seats and the general admission. Probably to stop people with GA tickets inadvertently shifting into someone's seat. I can't explain the couple of parts which don't have one though.

Maybe they're borrowing Port's bay covers?

make's sense. The other areas on the broadcast wing would be corporate, so you can't buy them through ticket master

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subi Council will redevelop it.

The Eagles and the WAFC want the Eagles training and community base at the ground and Subiaco doesn't want to redevelop it.

Remember the council campaigned to have the naming rights rejected, they have little power.

The Eagles and the WAFC want the Eagles training and community base at the ground and Subiaco doesn't want to redevelop it.

Remember the council campaigned to have the naming rights rejected, they have little power.

I have chatted to some WAFL people and talk is a waverly situation. Towers round the edge and Eagles using it as a training facility with the possibility of being the WAFL's showcase venue

Is it just me, but has the food taken a substantual step DOWN this year? there is a new vendor in, i cant rememeber their name, but all the stores (Bar CHicken Treat) have new branding. I saw a guy come back with a hot dog, and it was inedible.

What are food proces like at other grounds... 1 poweraid and 1 water $9.60.

shit hole toilets. Only one ATM on my side of the oval.

Bring on buswood ASAP.

What to do with it after? Make it a car park for those working in Subi? parklands?

keep it for other AFL / WAFL games? WCE and Freo play in perth on the one wekeend? Might make some of the scheduling easier.

That is a massive rip off.

I have been to Subiaco only once... Pavs 250th game against the gold coast. It was a good memory. I still cant believe how primitive subi is compared to AAMI. Subi still has benches!

I have been to Subiaco only once... Pavs 250th game against the gold coast. It was a good memory. I still cant believe how primitive subi is compared to AAMI. Subi still has benches!
Not as close as the glue stick sized Dominos pizza's they sell at Etihad for $8

Did you just compare Etihad to Subiaco?

0f9ca306-ea5a-4088-b9af-6c9d114d3f0e.jpg

Yeah that person just did.

What makes it more funny is that Both SA teams are going out of AAMI stadium to head to Adelaide Oval in 2014. AAMI Stadium is more modern/Advanced than Subiaco which says a lot. You always wondered what might off been had they put another 10,000 seats at Subiaco to make it a 50,000 seat stadium.

Fair dinkum benches ... your precious possum, you had to endure benches to see Pavs 250th, I'd happily stand for the occasion.

With the game v Melbourne unlikely to pull a crowd in Melbourne, it should be played at Pattos@Subi where it'd run at a profit.

Fair dinkum benches ... your precious possum, you had to endure benches to see Pavs 250th, I'd happily stand for the occasion.

With the game v Melbourne unlikely to pull a crowd in Melbourne, it should be played at Pattos@Subi where it'd run at a profit.

I'd much rather stand than sit on those benches for two hours.

Yeah that person just did.

What makes it more funny is that Both SA teams are going out of AAMI stadium to head to Adelaide Oval in 2014. AAMI Stadium is more modern/Advanced than Subiaco which says a lot. You always wondered what might off been had they put another 10,000 seats at Subiaco to make it a 50,000 seat stadium.

It would only mean an extra 10,000 people a week would be horrifically uncomfortable.

Lights were installed in 1997.
The current grandstand at the city end was complete 1999.

So somewhere around 1997 or 1998 before the standing room at the city end was ripped up and replaced with the current (seated) grandstand. At a guess I'd say the picture was showing off the newly installed lights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back