Patrick Dangerfield Will Be The Best Player in The AFL in 5 Years Time

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost impossible to quantify who/what the best player in the AFL is but if Danger continues to improve and become the player we hope he can, then I'm happy to have him in our side. All this arguing over which young players will be the best is pointless. If you have a potential star be glad.

Oh ****, now we're having a bickering argument on who was the best player from 6 years ago. :rolleyes:

Can't we all just get along! :D

Roo is a premiership player, 300 game player, brownlow medallist and 8 time all australian. If anyone doesn't believe he belongs in the same group as Hird, Buckley and Voss, you're just delusional.

Oh ****, now we're having a bickering argument on who was the best player from 6 years ago. :rolleyes:

Can't we all just get along! :D

Roo is a premiership player, 300 game player, brownlow medallist and 8 time all australian. If anyone doesn't believe he belongs in the same group as Hird, Buckley and Voss, you're just delusional.
##

Yes, regardless of who you actually think is the best, Roo belongs in that company as approximately an equal.

For someone so highly rated he has average foot skills.. so yeah i will wait 5 years and revisit this thread

Nat Fyfe thread. Both huge influence at stoppages, Fyfe is also seriously good overhead. Both are so so by foot.

nobody will even bother looking up dangerfields name... because they wont even know he exsisted
Is that because he hasn't been accused of rape or hasn't had photos taken of his penis on the end of season trip? Patty should really hook up with a schoolgirl or something, if he wants to be remembered like those Saints....

Lol at the Freo posters knocking the bloke who's had 66 touches, 3 goals and 5 Brownlow votes in 2 games against them this year.

As for the call in the OP, there's still 2 years left and the coaches already have him equal 5th... If he keeps improving the way he is, I could live with the arguments about whether Cotchin or Fyfe are slightly better, because we would have ourselves something special.

Bradsmaen is just a fool who doesn't represent Freo supporters in any way, as you say considering the way he consantly dominates us (so kind of him now that McLeod's retired to take the mantle as Adelaides designated Freo annihilator) any Freo supporter who doesn't rate him is an idiot.

As good as Thompson and Sloane are, next time we play Adelaide we need to make shutting Dangerfield down our main priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will all depend on how he handles being his sides first player tagged .
Not a knock on the guy but he has really only come on this year and is still probably behind Thompson as the first Adelaide player tagged .
Could be anything and I think it's great to see the emergence of some real quality young mids .

For someone so highly rated he has average foot skills.. so yeah i will wait 5 years and revisit this thread
His detractors always go on about Danger's poor disposal. Some point out that many of his kicks are under pressure, from hard ball gets that other players wouldn't retrieve. I think that is partly true. Another poster on the Adelaide board pointed something else out which I noticed afterward too. When under pressure, sometimes he slams the ball on the boot. This kick tumbles low and fast. It is hard for an opposition player to intercept, and a clean gather is very difficult unless a player is running directly at the ball. He usually puts this kick to the vicinity of a Rows player. It he's there fast. If the Crows player can't cleanly take, it sets up a contest rather than a loose ball get.

He can pin point a kick under pressure too. I'll have to find the highlight reel.

His main area for improvement is consistency. Part of this might be developing a bigger tank, after a full year running through the midfield and one more preseason, I can't wait for next year.

I'm not saying his disposal by foot is perfect, and there will be clangers etc during a game, but I'll just point out some things.

Opening sequence: hard ball get, snap, goal - nothing wrong with that kick
13s: Spin and quick kick into the forward line, correct spot for the mark to be taken, a poor kick would allow a Carlton 3 on 2.
20s: Stoppage, Carton gather, Dangerfield chases, ball handballed out to free player Dangerfield chases and tackles. (So much for him not defending).
27s: In defensive 50 Dangerfield gathers contested possession, poor hand ball to opposition, 2nd effort, gains possession and effective handball to team mate. (Hmmm great defensive effort I thought)
50s: Recieves ball, pin point kick to teammate in f50. Two Carlton players close by, if the percieved pressure causes a miss kick then it is a 2 on 2 in Adelaides F50.
1:02: this is one of those tumble kicks. This one went right to the Crows player, but it was a rushed kick, but a drop punt has the potential to be intercepted by the Carlton player coming into the play from the camera side. This tumbling kick takes him out of the contest.
1:16: Recieves ball, left foot kick under pressure goal.

I would not say his disposal is poor or his foot skills are bad. I'd say sometimes he makes errors, but he has the ability to execute the exact kick he wants to.

And in case you think it was a small sample here is another game.
http://www.afc.com.au/channel crow/tabid/10135/default.aspx#playvideo#playvideo
opening sequence is one of those low, tumbling kicks, clears the contest in the square and into f50.
at 1 min 36 he tries a cross boot kick and gets smothered, 2nd effort to make up for his error.

(The goal at 1:05 isn't a bad kick either)

Both Dangerfield and Cotchin will be tearing this league apart for years to come absolutely love they way they both play... especially that contest with Danger and Murphy this year, that was epic!

Anyone that doesn't think Roo comfortably sits with Hird, Voss and buckley are absolutely delusional and really need to start watching footy tbh

I love that some rave about this goal after one Dockers players was wrong footed and the other one ran away from Dangerfield. o_O

Wasn't as classy as Yarran's match sealers against Collingwood and Richmond.

Kreuzer and Naitainui won't hit their straps until they're 23 to 25. Rarer beasts in the form of two big men who do things that are harder to teach.

Yarran is silkier than Dangerfield. Voss tried to tag him with Banfield before the latter was subbed. Yarran's awareness and vision in traffic is nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield Will Be The Best Player in The AFL in 5 Years Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back