Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoutout to Pat, has been one of our better players this season and is in the top bracket of I50 kicks within our team. His goal sense from open play (think snap from 30m out) has always been there but he is consistently finding the ball in those areas this season.

Has looked much improved in the contest and the only persistant flaw in his game this season is that he always seeks to dispose of the ball whilst being tackled when often the situation dictates he should lock it in and force a stoppage.

Shoutout to Pat, has been one of our better players this season and is in the top bracket of I50 kicks within our team. His goal sense from open play (think snap from 30m out) has always been there but he is consistently finding the ball in those areas this season.

Has looked much improved in the contest and the only persistant flaw in his game this season is that he always seeks to dispose of the ball whilst being tackled when often the situation dictates he should lock it in and force a stoppage.
Yes, he deserves to get equal amount of credit when he plays well as he does when he hasn't played as well.

Always been a classy player imo & i thought it was pretty obvious he struggled with his shoulders & confidence last year.

be337d7e9caedfeb19f549d381d2d2da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Building nicely through the season - almost like a new recruit, excepting the Grand Final when he found his mojo.

Have been super impressed with Pat this year. Plays that link up mid role really well, almost like an old school centreman. So clean and uses the ball well. He’s an important player for us now.

Cracks in now too, he beat Oliver(I think?) in a 1v1 ground ball which I loved considering how he was last year. His shoulder was clearly a big problem.

He had some very ordinary games late last year, but on the whole I thought he was unfairly maligned. On the flip side, he has clearly regained a level this year, so congrats to him and if it’s down to renewed confidence in his shoulder, that’s great to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had some very ordinary games late last year, but on the whole I thought he was unfairly maligned. On the flip side, he has clearly regained a level this year, so congrats to him and if it’s down to renewed confidence in his shoulder, that’s great to hear.
Clearly was hampered by no pre-season last year and those two shoulder surgeries, but agree other than a couple games, I don't think he performed that badly last year. The criticism on him was a bit unfair. But this year, he seems to have gone to a new level.

Probably top 3 in the copeland.

COLLINGWOOD club banner

Patrick Lipinski

Patrick Lipinski endured a down 2023 campaign after bursting onto the scene in 2022 for the Pies.

While he ended the year as a premiership player having come on in the Grand Final as a sub, he saw his averages dip in disposals, tackles, marks, clearances and inside 50s from the year prior.

Many pondered whether his first season was just one out of the box and if he had regressed to the mean, but in 2024 so far, he’s back to his best.

Lipinski has already kicked 12 goals from 13 games, his most in any season so far as an AFL footballer while he’s rated as Collingwood’s sixth-best player in the official AFL player ratings of Magpies to play five or more games in 2024 – ahead of all of Darcy Moore, Josh Daicos, Jordan De Goey and Jeremy Howe among others.

That’s incredibly impressive given he’s played more as a half-forward than midfielder this season as he’s not only locked his spot in Collingwood’s best 23 but has quickly become an important cog again.

COLLINGWOOD club banner

Patrick Lipinski

Patrick Lipinski endured a down 2023 campaign after bursting onto the scene in 2022 for the Pies.

While he ended the year as a premiership player having come on in the Grand Final as a sub, he saw his averages dip in disposals, tackles, marks, clearances and inside 50s from the year prior.

Many pondered whether his first season was just one out of the box and if he had regressed to the mean, but in 2024 so far, he’s back to his best.

Lipinski has already kicked 12 goals from 13 games, his most in any season so far as an AFL footballer while he’s rated as Collingwood’s sixth-best player in the official AFL player ratings of Magpies to play five or more games in 2024 – ahead of all of Darcy Moore, Josh Daicos, Jordan De Goey and Jeremy Howe among others.

That’s incredibly impressive given he’s played more as a half-forward than midfielder this season as he’s not only locked his spot in Collingwood’s best 23 but has quickly become an important cog again.

Patty has great skills, by both hand and foot and he's a wonderful link player.
The handball to Fin for our second goal was almost (but not quite) at the level of Nick's in the GF.

Lippa is having a stunning year. While last year was not good, I’m glad he was part of the flag-winning team. His 2022 season was part of that ascendancy.

And an absolute bargain pick-up from the Dogs. Pick 43 - gotta give it to Hine, he gets these mostly right.

Lippa is having a stunning year. While last year was not good, I’m glad he was part of the flag-winning team. His 2022 season was part of that ascendancy.

And an absolute bargain pick-up from the Dogs. Pick 43 - gotta give it to Hine, he gets these mostly right.
Yes, the recruitment of Lippa thankfully squared the horrible loss of Treloar to the Dogs.

Patty has great skills, by both hand and foot and he's a wonderful link player.
The handball to Fin for our second goal was almost (but not quite) at the level of Nick's in the GF.

I agree that handball was pretty damn good in itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly was hampered by no pre-season last year and those two shoulder surgeries, but agree other than a couple games, I don't think he performed that badly last year. The criticism on him was a bit unfair. But this year, he seems to have gone to a new level.

Probably top 3 in the copeland.

The race for the top 3 is getting pretty tight. I've got Nick, Josh, Pendles, and Cameron already entrenched in there. Add Lipinski and our top 3 is already batting 5 deep, and Crispy is coming.

The race for the top 3 is getting pretty tight. I've got Nick, Josh, Pendles, and Cameron already entrenched in there. Add Lipinski and our top 3 is already batting 5 deep, and Crispy is coming.
I'm not sure Josh is having as great of a year as last year. Pendles probably falls a bit given the games he has missed. But that's probably a good top 5 in any case.

I'm not sure Josh is having as great of a year as last year. Pendles probably falls a bit given the games he has missed. But that's probably a good top 5 in any case.
Crispy might have a few Copelands after his 2000th game in a row. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back