Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Remove this Banner Ad

Pat was always one I had grand hopes for at the dogs and I was disappointed to see him go. A beautiful user of the footy. Watching him a lot live I always thought his defensive run was lacking (non-existent) and tackling much the same. He looks to have improved somewhat under McCrae. How do you lads see his defensive side of the game these days?

Last edited:
Pat was always one I had grand hopes for at the dogd and I was disappointed to see him go. A beautiful user of the footy. Watching him a lot live I always thought his defensive run was lacking (non-existent) and tackling much the same. He looks to have improved somewhat under McCrae. How do you lads see his defensive side of the game these days?
Pat’s defensive effort is ok.
He’s often the player with a smoother or finger tip to a kick and has even cut off some goals with a mark.
He has run and chase and joins in our gang tackles well.
Good contributor.

Pat’s defensive effort is ok.
He’s often the player with a smoother or finger tip to a kick and has even cut off some goals with a mark.
He has run and chase and joins in our gang tackles well.
Good contributor.

Doesn't do enough, often enough.

He is one of the players I would drop.

Pat was always one I had grand hopes for at the dogs and I was disappointed to see him go. A beautiful user of the footy. Watching him a lot live I always thought his defensive run was lacking (non-existent) and tackling much the same. He looks to have improved somewhat under McCrae. How do you lads see his defensive side of the game these days?
He’s much better when the team is going well, he will be part of us turning a game but not the reason. He is a very neat and tidy player but I keep looking for him to take it up a notch or two. He’s been a solid pick up for us, a bit more mongrel would be good.

Doesn't do enough, often enough.

He is one of the players I would drop.
Given our injuries, dropping guys with Lipinski’s skill set would seem a bit silly.

Agree he goes missing far too much.

Pat is one of those players that plays well in a team that is playing well.
Given our injuries, dropping guys with Lipinski’s skill set would seem a bit silly.

If WHE, Noble put in performances like Lipinski they would be torched. But somehow this guy flys under the radar.

If WHE, Noble put in performances like Lipinski they would be torched. But somehow this guy flys under the radar.
I’m not saying he had a good game. But we are struggling to field a side. Can’t afford to drop senior players.

Lippa’s been having a good, if not great year. If he’s down on form now, so are 80% of his team mates. We don’t drop players like him after one or two poor games, especially if it’s to bring in yet another inexperienced player.

I’m not saying he had a good game. But we are struggling to field a side. Can’t afford to drop senior players.

If that is the case then some onus needs to be put on him.

I thought when we first recruited him, he had the ability to play as an inside mid? Could he turn into a tagger? Give him some proper responsibility and hold him accountable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent skills when he has the ball.

However, he’s ponderously slow (lacks footspeed) and frankly a liability when we don’t have the ball. Can’t close space quick enough to tackle or pressure effectively and tackling efforts are often meek.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back