Patton concussed after being assualted in USA

Remove this Banner Ad

If by much bigger you mean under a centimetre then yeah, much bigger.

AUS: 175.6 cm
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4338.0main+features212011-13

US: 176.53 cm
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_11/sr11_252.pdf

Don't let their sports clout your judgement, they have a population of 350 million internally to pick from alone, then there are the foreign markets they can select from simply by being able to pay the most. Their sides are always going to be jam packed with tall gooses, but on average they are the same height as the rest of the first world.

Yeah, but their size is still pretty over the top. There are plenty of low grade football players that are built like bodybuilders. Whilst AFL/ Rugby players are by no means weak, but some of these dudes are insane because all they do is lift weights and hit people.

Good. What a campaigner.

All the best Patton on recovery.
At least whoever did it will get a decent punishment compared to what our courts dish out.
That kid who king hit and killed the teenager in Kings Cross a few years ago was only given about 6 years initially (extended to about 10 on appeal)
Do that in the wrong part of the states and you'll be lucky to breath free air again.

i'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in my experience it's very extremely rare for someone to be 'king hit' as the papers call it unprovoked, particularly someone as big as patton. obviously and an altercation and he came off second best...

Rare for it to happen totally out of the blue, but reasonably common for it to happen due to some nothing incident where one side's keen to take offence and escalate.

**** that's ballsy. Regardless of whether Patton can fight or not, he's 6'5" and over 100kg. No way I'd want to fight him.

i'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in my experience it's very extremely rare for someone to be 'king hit' as the papers call it unprovoked, particularly someone as big as patton. obviously and an altercation and he came off second best...
Nah.

Big blokes get targeted because they're a trophy for heroes who want to make a name for themselves. I've seen it first hand.

Another idiot reporter using the phrase "King Hit" instead of "Coward's Punch".

Get it right FFS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If by much bigger you mean under a centimetre then yeah, much bigger.

AUS: 175.6 cm
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4338.0main+features212011-13

US: 176.53 cm
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_11/sr11_252.pdf

Don't let their sports clout your judgement, they have a population of 350 million internally to pick from alone, then there are the foreign markets they can select from simply by being able to pay the most. Their sides are always going to be jam packed with tall gooses, but on average they are the same height as the rest of the first world.
When I was there I noticed lots more of the fat six foot six guys than are here.

The media like to tell a story as black and white, unprovoked etc so I have trouble believing it straight up but guys do seem to like walking up to the biggest guy in the room and trying to take him on.

Makes little difference in my experience.

I'm a big guy myself (not fat but tall and solid - 196 cm and 100 kgs) but very mild mannered and I avoid fights at all costs. Often smaller guys (usually with mates) will randomly pick me out of a crowd to start a fight and other unprovoked incidents (usually when not looking), seemingly just because I'm a bigger guy. Other mates I know (and guys in my family who are all big) have had the same experience.

'Reputation', 'street cred' or whatever they want to call it- sucks though!
Plus, when you glance around yourself you can make eye contact with 90% of the people in the room.

Some people see eye contact as a challenge.

There's a popular 'game' among black Americans particularly in California where they go up to an unsuspecting white person and king hit them, it's called the knockout game. Hopefully it wasn't part of that.

I'm a big guy myself (not fat but tall and solid - 196 cm and 100 kgs) but very mild mannered and I avoid fights at all costs. Often smaller guys (usually with mates) will randomly pick me out of a crowd to start a fight and other unprovoked incidents (usually when not looking), seemingly just because I'm a bigger guy. Other mates I know (and guys in my family who are all big) have had the same experience.

That's cute little guy.

I'm 210cm and 130kgs. I skin small chooks like you for breakfast.

Same here.

I get lippy though if provoked far enough.

Drop this line...

"You must prescribe to the theory that the bigger they are, the harder they fall. You see I reckon that's wrong. It's more like the smaller they are, the further they fly."

Remove this Banner Ad

Patton concussed after being assualted in USA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back