Paul "blocker" Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

crownie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
who remembers this kids debut at the mcg steaming in and bowling Cairns and those back foot no balls.

think he played the rest of the summer in the one day team where we came back and knocked off South Africa (for a change)

eddiesmith said:
I remember when WA used the same tactic that Ponting is whingeing about, giving Blocker plenty of rest and keeping him out of the field for as long as they could get away with

You'd also remember that it we were perfectly entitled to do that in Domestic games at the time due to what is now the supersub rule in ODI's being used in First Class and ODD matches here a few years ago. Vic's did it with Reiffel regularly as did the ACT with Merv.

No that rule was at the end of an innings. But they would take Wilson off the field after his 10 overs whether they bowled 1st or 2nd. Just no one complained and they shouldnt be complaining about the Poms doing it

Ponting is just upset he didnt think of it ;)

On Wilson, why not drag him out of retirement, he would do a better job than Gillespie could

eddiesmith said:
No that rule was at the end of an innings. But they would take Wilson off the field after his 10 overs whether they bowled 1st or 2nd. Just no one complained and they shouldnt be complaining about the Poms doing it

Ponting is just upset he didnt think of it ;)

On Wilson, why not drag him out of retirement, he would do a better job than Gillespie could

can you and your pommy mate stop bringing up this rule in every thread.

you teams winning and you still winge, do you ever stop?

Quality bowler.

The big unit who loved to get wide on the crease (to miss the umpire?;)).

I remember an incident where he was fielding in the out field and he fell flush on his sunnies tucked into his pants. True to form, the sunnies were fine and escaped unscathed. Ian Chappell I think it was said: "now there's a good advertisement for those sunglasses."

:D

Big blocker is currently over in england playing and coaching.

During our summer he coaches the WA state womens cricket team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul "blocker" Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back