Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2017/2018 off-season thread

How many free agents can be picked up during the season?

• Unlimited

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woulda said before JLT tbh. Those that know their footy will ace their picks... if you do it after jlt then any man n their dog will land a good 2018 player...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeh that was my first thought as well but the majority want the draft after a few JLT games so far. Honestly i don't think it makes a huge difference though, JLT can just as easily mislead someone or give them a tip. How many times do we see players tear up JLT and then disappear in the real season. Guys like Wellingham & Hrovat come to mind. For the kids, players who are ready made might look good in JLT but are they gonna be the best players from the draft in 10 years time? Prob not. I'm fine with either but will let the majority decide.

Will be looking for another 1st as well. Will package up 3-4 picks, a mix from this draft and the next once 2018 pick trading opens next year for a 1st this year. If any of the older teams want a bunch of assets for when those delistings/retirements hit, hit me up. Pick 27, 30, 44 & all my picks next year are all on the table for the right offer.

Will be looking for another 1st as well. Will package up 3-4 picks, a mix from this draft and the next once 2018 pick trading opens next year for a 1st this year. If any of the older teams want a bunch of assets for when those delistings/retirements hit, hit me up. Pick 27, 30, 44 & all my picks next year are all on the table for the right offer.

I’ll take em if you see some players you like... I obv don’t have my early picks anymore... but I do have guys like Bolton and Barrett I’d be willing to let go for a collection of picks.

I’ll take em if you see some players you like... I obv don’t have my early picks anymore... but I do have guys like Bolton and Barrett I’d be willing to let go for a collection of picks.

Nah just looking for a 1st round pick otherwise I'll be taking my picks. I may be willing to trade you a pick for a pick next year but at this point I'm wanting to keep my picks to make an attractive package for a 1st.

I prefer draft before JLT, but depends how long we have between picks etc, as other leagues I have been in has had coaches hold out on their pick waiting for the next game..
There will be a time limit on picks, probably somewhere around 12-24 hours. I may stop the clock on weekends if it's during JLT. Ok so seems it's closer than i thought with 4 coaches opting for after some JLT and 2 before. 2 coaches who don't care in Reggie and myself. Throw your vote in if you care people.

Last edited:
There will be a time limit on picks, probably somewhere around 12-24 hours. I may stop the clock on weekends if it's during JLT. Ok so seems it's closer than i thought with 3 coaches opting for after some JLT and 2 before. 2 coaches who don't care in Reggie and myself. Throw your vote in if you care people.
The issue is that if it is time for your pick just before a JLT game you get an advantage over other coaches.

I think a draft pre JLT therefore is fairer for all.

But it isnt a big deal for the Warriors, just sharing my thoughts.

The issue is that if it is time for your pick just before a JLT game you get an advantage over other coaches.

I think a draft pre JLT therefore is fairer for all.

But it isnt a big deal for the Warriors, just sharing my thoughts.
Right, it's a valid point though i think the info gleaned from a single JLT game is negligible. But in order to make it fairer for all I'll aim to hold the fraft either prior to JLT or after it's finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still plenty of trades to get done and my fingers are getting itchy!

I’m looking to trade out some older players who can give a few contenders the points needed to win a flag.

Check out my list and let me know!

Still plenty of trades to get done and my fingers are getting itchy!

I’m looking to trade out some older players who can give a few contenders the points needed to win a flag.

Check out my list and let me know!

Love the enthusiasm. Leave some youngsters for me please ;)

There will be a time limit on picks, probably somewhere around 12-24 hours. I may stop the clock on weekends if it's during JLT. Ok so seems it's closer than i thought with 4 coaches opting for after some JLT and 2 before. 2 coaches who don't care in Reggie and myself. Throw your vote in if you care people.

For clarity, I don't care when it's held.

Was just raising a concern re: finishing on time.

For clarity, I don't care when it's held.

Was just raising a concern re: finishing on time.
All good. There will only be 50-80 picks we'll get through it in time. I'll make a final decision on when to hold the draft next year, I'm currently leaning towards just holding it prior to JLT to avoid such complications. Will depend upon when UF is launched as well. I kinda like everyone making picks based on U18 form and research rather than a few JLT games too, so probably changing my preference to pre JLT.

I'm opening up 2018 pick trading. Mostly out of boredom but most players in this league are pretty active. So if you need to trade 2018 picks in deals teams can now do this.

Who wants my 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks? Would be looking for a couple ageing 28 year olds. Likes of Rocky, Gray, Beams, Jpk, Jjk would suffice.

2018 draft apparently the most talented since afl drafting... grabbing a couple early picks would be priceless for a club not contending for flag & carrying an old gun

Pm me.... this future draft trading has opened a new can of worms for us all ;)

No limit? It is a big call, some guidelines are a good idea for the long-term health of the league
What kind of limits would you like? I don't see any reason to limit it except to limit it to 1 year ahead. Was always the plan to allow 2018 pick trading from the start of January, bringing it forward 2-3 weeks is going to have no effect except to allow some teams to get more active on the trade table a bit sooner. Pick trading is a healthy part of any dynasty league and i don't think there will be too many repercussions in allowing it from Dec/Jan. If a win now team wants to trde their picks to take a shot at the flag and leaves the following season so be it but this is unlikely and if someone was to take over such a team they'll just have to deal. A team in that spot would likely have some older asseta they could flip for picks if they wanted to go down the youth of route.

Having said that if you have some guidelines you'd like to propose I'm certainly open to it. :)

So we can trade all 2018 picks now? I dont mind.. I just remember we had to reverse the change from 5 FA selections last year after feedback, which meant some coaches having to re-select delisted players, so it might be worth making sure all coaches are okay with it before we start trading, as to reverse trades could get messy.

So we can trade all 2018 picks now? I dont mind.. I just remember we had to reverse the change from 5 FA selections last year after feedback, which meant some coaches having to re-select delisted players, so it might be worth making sure all coaches are okay with it before we start trading, as to reverse trades could get messy.

It's pretty standard for draft pick trading to be allowed in a dynasty league. We aren't really talking future pick trading when it's for next years draft. These picks would be available to trade once the season starts, I'm simply opening it up a bit earlier to facilitate more trading. It's a bit different than the F.A debacle since in that instance we'd set up rules and then i tried to change them when teams had drafted with such rules in mind. Here, we aren't changing any existing rules, as 2018 pick trading was always going to be allowed from January and me giving the go ahead 2 weeks early is hardly a big deal. If i was trying to bring in future pick trading say for 2019 season it would be a different story. If anyone has suggestions that they'd like to see on restrictions for pick trading like a maximum number of picks traded per year I'm open to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back