Paul Roos. Incredible composure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
What an amazing individual Paul Roos is. Appears to be the consumate professional the way he conducts himself. A genuine nice guy and could be anything as a coach. What player wouldnt want to play for this bloke???

Well done roosey. You deserved the ultimate success.

itsintheblood said:
What an amazing individual Paul Roos is. Appears to be the consumate professional the way he conducts himself. A genuine nice guy and could be anything as a coach. What player wouldnt want to play for this bloke???

To me, a great human being. I agree with your assessment.

Considering the swans hadnt won a flag for 70 years and roos hadnt tasted any form of premiership glory, I thought he conducted himself impeccably. Unlike the looney who coaches the power from port who likes to hang himself in public and bag his major financial backer.

Makes Neale Daniher look like a royal idiot. Roosy wins a flag by 4 points and stays within himself and keeps things in check...Daniher gets a win in round 20 and comes flying down the stands dry humping half a dozen fans on the way down before falling over everyone with uncontrollable joy.
Roos in a class of his own.

itsintheblood said:

Couldn't agree more. Just a quality bloke, am yet to hear anyone with a bad word to say about him.

Renegade said:
Daniher gets a win in round 20 and comes flying down the stands dry humping half a dozen fans on the way down before falling over everyone with uncontrollable joy.

ROFL!! :D

A great couple of speeches today at the SCG too. Respected the fans, the sponsors and even those players (Maxfield, Schauble, etc) who were unlucky enough to not be out there. Richard Colless put it best when he said that an entire club owed him an enormous debt of gratitude.

I also love the way he includes his sons in everything. I know it seems a bit over-the-top from the outside, but when you look at it from their point of view, what an effing great dad!

sabre_ac said:
How long did he stick it out with a dying Fiztroy?

Long enough to form friendships, associations and respect with those who went onto the Brisbane Lions and keep those same friendships and respect up for long enough to fully admit that he modelled his boys teamwork on that of the Lions and I paraphrase "no disrespect intended to our boys, but talent wise the Lions had that on us as well, but we just decided if we could get the teamwork, the everyone knowing their role and playing for each other the way they did, we could win it". Infact his post match press conference yesterday mentioned the Brisbane Lions nearly as much as it mentioned the Swans. And how must Andrew Ireland feel right now? The star, the double edged sword of victory, the ONE man involved in bringing the cup for the first time to Brisbane and the first time to Sydney. Well done Mr Ireland.

Knows when to hold his tongue too - he said he's got a spray for a few people up his sleeve but will save it for later in the week, so that what he thinks about certain issues doesn't take away from the achievement of winning the flag.

tapestry said:
And how must Andrew Ireland feel right now? The star, the double edged sword of victory, the ONE man involved in bringing the cup for the first time to Brisbane and the first time to Sydney. Well done Mr Ireland.

No argument that Roosy is a legend. The whole team from the doctors and performance management coach, Ricky Barham our recruiter, to our dearly departed strapper Wally had a hand in shaping the team.

Am I glad Andrew Ireland is in our corner? Bloody oath!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was it to see Roosy calm and controlled, just smiling at the end? Then to see him give that speech (which was thankfully not ruined by the confetti operator), and a great burst of emotion: "Here it is!"

johnnyhoward said:
How good was it to see Roosy calm and controlled, just smiling at the end? Then to see him give that speech (which was thankfully not ruined by the confetti operator), and a great burst of emotion: "Here it is!"

I think they stole that idea from england

tapestry said:
Long enough to form friendships, associations and respect with those who went onto the Brisbane Lions and keep those same friendships and respect up for long enough to fully admit that he modelled his boys teamwork on that of the Lions and I paraphrase "no disrespect intended to our boys, but talent wise the Lions had that on us as well, but we just decided if we could get the teamwork, the everyone knowing their role and playing for each other the way they did, we could win it". Infact his post match press conference yesterday mentioned the Brisbane Lions nearly as much as it mentioned the Swans. And how must Andrew Ireland feel right now? The star, the double edged sword of victory, the ONE man involved in bringing the cup for the first time to Brisbane and the first time to Sydney. Well done Mr Ireland.

Pity Ireland couldnt deliver a few as a player for Collingwood, dont know Roos, never met him but comes across as pro and a decent guy. Good luck to him

Not since Sheedy's famous moves in 1984 could I say I've seen a coach have such an obvious influence on the GF result. Roos outcoached everyone! There's been plenty of great coaches over the years but his efforts in the finals were outstanding. WC like so many teams before them simply had no answer to Sydney's flood & quick break style. Yes it was ugly at times but got the results desired. Fantastic performance Roos!

MarkT said:
I can't speak highly enough of Roos. Best investment the AFL ever made getting to Sydney.

It would be very difficult for anyone to hate roosy. A champion guy in every sense of the word. Could easily prove to be the next sheedy in coaching terms.

MarkT said:
I can't speak highly enough of Roos. Best investment the AFL ever made getting to Sydney.
I wonder how successful Richard Colless' original poster boy for Sydney, Teflon Terry, would have gone as Sydney's coach if he took the job that was offered to him back in 2002. I daresay players like Buchanan and Kirk would not have even been kept on the list because they are not the outside running athletic downhill skier types that are so preferred by Teflon.

I was glad they won for him. A class act all round- you can't bag him at all. He deserves success in my view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Roos. Incredible composure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back