Paul Seedsman – Hidden Gem?

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I haven't seen a player come out of the blocks with such anger and intent for a while. This kid grew up loving Collingwood yet played for the Crows like it was his first ever game with everything to win. He ran and show earnest intent.

Basically, will Collingwood regret a youngster like this thriving somewhere else? I have always loved a defender with the ability to run and carry and now I'm seeing someone with more than that.

He was always good at the Pied but his body would let him down and he probably didn't work hard enough looks like one of those blokes that needs to be on the outer at a club to realise they need to work harder

I haven't seen a player come out of the blocks with such anger and intent for a while. This kid grew up loving Collingwood yet played for the Crows like it was his first ever game with everything to win. He ran and show earnest intent.

Basically, will Collingwood regret a youngster like this thriving somewhere else? I have always loved a defender with the ability to run and carry and now I'm seeing someone with more than that.
Same with Ben Kennedy

i always liked his "potential" and was hoping he would come to the lions when there was talk of it last off season. running defenders out of the back half are a great commodity to have.
hope he gets an injury free run at it.

I have no idea why we got rid of the seed. His ceiling is immense. I hope he turns into the player I thought he'd be for us.

Kennedy is a tough little player just has terrible kicking skills. If he could kick he'd be a beauty.
Didn't seem to be that bad yesterday, was seriously damaging. Went at 80% with 21 touches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what? He's already won the Anzac medal for best on field, has polled well in team B&Fs, and has been around for a while. He was considered trade bait last year too because of his hot/cold form.

Just on Seeds - he has the potential to be a good AFL player (as his best had shown) but has so far failed to put in any thing close to consistency. He also didnt seem to ever be actually developing as a player... And there were a number of rumors being thrown around that he wasnt particularly commited to training or was doing things that may have been counterproductive to his development - despite apparently being pulled aside by Bucks multiple times.
He had been in the system long enough that that should have improved. He may well turn things around at Adelaide by having this torch lit under him, but i have no problem with us moving him.
-----

Kennedy is a completely different story.
Kennedy always looked like being at least an adequate midfielder at AFL level, but never picked up quite enough to rise in our depth chart - just too many guys above him, and others who overtook him.
Problem for him the position we had room for him (small forward) he showed to be pretty poor at.
Really a list management decision more than anything. Will be a good, solid, player for the Dees... But would probably not have managed more than a handful of games if he stayed at Collingwood.

His haircut is elite.

Pretty likeable guy and I love how he seems to be taking the piss most of the time. Can be a handy player on his day too. Didn't think last night was one of his best, however.

Last edited:
Was horrendous at Collingwood. Wish him the best at Adelaide, don't care if he wins a Brownlow, Magpies made the right decision.

Similar to Varcoe. Nothing against him, he played his part in two premierships at Geelong. And I hope he does well at Collingwood. But he was utter rubbish in his final two years at the Cattery and he needed to go.

Pies really needed good kicking skills and speed out of backline on the weekend (along with a lot more things) Surprised they let Seedman go, he must've done something wrong

Hidden Gem???? Everyone has known for quite a while the weapons that Seedsman has. Why he was unable or unwilling to deliver them with any consistency is anyone's guess. Hope for his and Adelaide's sake that turns around for him now but he's no hidden gem until he shows consistency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back