Pay TV Set to Bid on AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Drugs
Hookers

Yeah thats the spirit

You could get the best package if your knock that out of your budget and might even do wonders for your health

There are currently 5 AFL games on free to air now, nothing would change. The other 4 go live to Foxtel now anyway.

What I would like to see is replays the of games initially on free to air on Foxtel, so that it resembles the old Fox Footy more.

They do. A replay will be on later that day/night if it isn't being shown live on Foxtel then on Monday/Tuesday all the games are replayed again, plus usually a couple of the "games of the round" are played later in the week as well.

If you've got the foxtel IQ box it's easy to record and watch every game of every round if you wanted to

Yeah thats the spirit

You could get the best package if your knock that out of your budget and might even do wonders for your health

Do you own your house or do you live in a flat or a rented property? I assume the former, because you don't seem to understand the issues with the latter (see some earlier posts).

Do you own your house or do you live in a flat or a rented property? I assume the former, because you don't seem to understand the issues with the latter (see some earlier posts).

Yeah mate own a house and also help my mother out so i know

I can just manage my money

Get started package is 42 dollars
Sports Package is 16 dollars

Thats 58 Dollars a month

That works out to be 14.50 a week i find it hard to believe anybody with a full time job cant afford that or you could go work for Foxtel people who work for them get the full package FREE

And no i dont work at Foxtel just know someone who has

I could afford it if it was $800 a month. Just because you can afford it, that doesn't mean its good value.

here is how I would do the television broadcast rights

All H&A games to be shown live and exclusive on PayTV Australia wide. with a max of 2 games being up against eachother.
4 games a round are to be on-sold to FTA. with a condition that they must show all games that are played "interstate' into the competing teams state.

this means if you want to watch your side play, you either get pay TV. If you don't want to do that than go to the game, if the game is interstate you will be able to view it on FTA. - unless you support an interstate side than stiff biccies

Uni student, live out of home, par time job.

Its to much of a hassle when you have housemates coming/going so you are not sure if you will be there to see out the contract, and some jsut cant afford it.

Wont be too happy if I dont get to see the catters very often.

Re: TV Rights

At the moment two games on Sunday Arvo, One on Seven, the other on fox. Using random figures The One of seven is rating 120,000 and the one on Fox 50,000 going on the buy up rate at fox is only around 35% that would mean there would be supporters either not watching it or at the pub or a friends house.

So if Seven used both its channels they would be able to service 170,000 viewers instead of 120,00 and going on not everyone has Foxtel this could be seen as a base number.

As to the must show on free to air, 1, that is only there until Analogue is switched off which starts next year in country area and rolls to the cities by 2013.

$58 a month isn't much, I just don't want my kids to grow up being fat pricks in front of the TV watching foxtel.

Something you might not understand.

.........Which means no more of Fox and FTA showing the same bloody game at the same time........................
Amen to that! Seems every week up here in Canberra on Sundays, we get Foxtel showing the Sydney Swans or whoever, as does Channel 7 (Prime TV), yet the other game on the Sunday is not shown live. Very frustrating!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booo Hooo

Seriously how are these stations suppose to pay for the rights without showing ad's like come on stop complaining they are doing you a favour in the end of the day showing the games

Friday night games should only be live if its a sell out or close to

The TV networks need to make money to if you dont like ad's buy Foxtel its about 60 dollars a month with the basic package and sports thats 15 dollars a week im sure you work dont buy lunch for 2 days a week

Are you a TV executive? I didn't say they can't have ads but just because we love our footy why should we have to sit through 3 times more of them than when watching other shows. Why shouldn't Friday night games be live in Regional Victoria? They are doing us a favour? Its their job. The AFL is now expecting people to pay through the nose to watch their team play and if they can't afford it, they watch delayed games with more ads and rubbish than live action.

Yeah mate own a house and also help my mother out so i know

I can just manage my money

Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse or simply not too bright?

The issue as stated in several posts is not one of money management, it's living in certain circumstances eg in a block of flats where one is unable to connect to to FOXTEL due to aerials not being permitted.

Read in the Age about Fox trying to bid on the rights. I don't think its fair on those that can't afford Pay TV. However my point to the AFL is before you start looking at the offers, give the stations a condition that Friday night games are to be shown live in regional Victoria, less delayed everywhere and restrict the amount of ads shown. One Sunday I saw the old lady from the RACV with her wicked sub woofer so many times I was hoping someone would come along and mug her. ( not really I was just sick of the sight of her). Don't tell me that's gonna cost you millions and millions. If it does, so be it.

What's the point of promoting AFL footy to children if they have to stay up to after 11 o'clock at night to see if their footy team has won?

A little less fat cat get every buck ya can business AFL and a little more protection of the game of footy and respect for its supporters is required this time around.

Foxtel = Live football.

7 = Delayed finals.

Ill be happy if Foxtel and 10 had all the football, then we would get lots of live matches, not matches delayed for Better Homes and Gardens.

Get started package is 42 dollars
Sports Package is 16 dollars

Thats 58 Dollars a month

That works out to be 14.50 a week i find it hard to believe anybody with a full time job cant afford that or you could go work for Foxtel people who work for them get the full package FREE

And no i dont work at Foxtel just know someone who has

My main beef is I can't get JUST the sports - I wouldnt even watch the other crap.

Non live programs will be downloaded soon anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay TV Set to Bid on AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back