PERCENTAGE sorry Eagle boys

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be a 40+ victory for us.

I don't have a problem being confident in a team that has exuded far more class than this week's opponent. Three words. To many options.

Why can't we be confident in a team that has found itself? Scared of being embarrassed? Please.

I'm not saying from first bounce it's a runaway frieght train. No doubt Eagles will be bringing everything. However, as they've shown, they cannot maintain it over 4 quarters - regardless the reason, whether being out coached, leaving a pig farmer in the WAFL or fatigue. I'd expect it to be 2-3 goals in it through to the 4th.

And just for those sitting on the fence and waiting for the final siren. Guys, if Fremantle have shown anything over the past couple of years is that this is a 'must win' game. We want this. Just because we are in a reverse ladder position from years gone by doesn't mean we won't be fronting up with the same intensity!

That intensity just comes with confidence now. Find some.

These type of threads are just asking some divine being to curse us with our usual form.

Leave the cockiness to other teams, keep a lid on it and enjoy the wins as and when they come along.

Reading the post I did think it was going to be cocky - however i don't think it was penned that way.

Ulitmately it says if you want to be successful at the pointy end - you need to be able to put teams at the bottom of the ladder away. That's where we are at - and although focus 1 is the 4 points - i don't see a reason why in the 4th quarter if you are in front you shouldn't be pushing the foot to the throat.

In saying that - it won't stop me bumping this thread when we win :)

Reading the post I did think it was going to be cocky - however i don't think it was penned that way.

Ulitmately it says if you want to be successful at the pointy end - you need to be able to put teams at the bottom of the ladder away. That's where we are at - and although focus 1 is the 4 points - i don't see a reason why in the 4th quarter if you are in front you shouldn't be pushing the foot to the throat.

heh, im sure it also wont stop you from disappearing when reality sets in and you realise that freo have won by 15 goals ;)

heh, im sure it also wont stop you from disappearing when reality sets in and you realise that freo have won by 15 goals ;)

Let me assure you if we lose by 15 goals, i might be disappearing full stop, not just from this board.

I'll be here - win lose or draw, albeit perhaps a day after the event so the emotion has subsided.

Let me assure you if we lose by 15 goals, i might be disappearing full stop, not just from this board.

I'll be here - win lose or draw, albeit perhaps a day after the event so the emotion has subsided.

haha, no doubt mate, you have been one of the few eagles supporters that i have had the pleasure of having actual discussions with, rather than the general "win a premiership" crap im used to. and whilst i personally dont expect the margin to be 15 goals, i do expect us to win, and if we do, i will promise to go easy on you when you arrive on our board.......... if your feeling really down about a loss to freo, remember the game where you beat us by 113 points, and cummings kicked 10.... i still have nightmares about that game :(

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING.

I'm not being cocky. We should have went into the Richmond game with the same mentality...But we slacked up and just happy to come away with just the win... And take it a little easier... Which is the Freo of old... accepting an OK performance. By the way, I hate the way people say it was an admirable loss against ST. Kilda. We had a chance to win, but accepted the loss...and choked a little in the 4th.. I am sure some of the players accepted it is OK, because it was against ST Kilda.. So enough of that mentality ...

We need to come out and beat West Coast...and when they are on the ropes, build the percentage.....NOT SHUT UP SHOP, BECAUSE WE GOT THE WIN.... because we are going to need that Percentage at the end of the year...

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING.

I'm not being cocky. We should have went into the Richmond game with the same mentality...But we slacked up and just happy to come away with just the win... And take it a little easier... Which is the Freo of old... accepting an OK performance. By the way, I hate the way people say it was an admirable loss against ST. Kilda. We had a chance to win, but accepted the loss...and choked a little in the 4th.. I am sure some of the players accepted it is OK, because it was against ST Kilda.. So enough of that mentality ...

We need to come out and beat West Coast...and when they are on the ropes, build the percentage.....NOT SHUT UP SHOP, BECAUSE WE GOT THE WIN.... because we are going to need that Percentage at the end of the year...

I'm all for the slaughterhouse Derby too. However, knowing the next couple of fixtures coming up for the squad - playing stars (Pav and Sandi etc) amongst a rout would be foolish :)

That said I don't think we will put them back in their coop's till 4th anyway.

Good post Falcon Strike and I too misinterpreted what the OP was saying but both you and MF make some good points.

FWIW I think it will be closer than many on here think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not kid ourselves. It'll be bloody hell for leather in the 1st.
Last week Richmond went all in in the 1st and we let them. We can't afford to be so complacent this week.

It's their home game, and the Chardonnay sipping Ferrero Rocher munchers will be right behind them. We need to get off to a flying start and shut them up. If we can do that, dominate the clearances, and kick better than last weeks 15 from 37, then all in the garden should be rosy.

I won't be getting too cocky though. Sure, we've got the wood on them, but they'll be trying like hell. I'll just be happy to get the 4 points and move on to Brisbane.

At the beginning of the year I was thinking that I'd take an away loss to West Coast if we could have a win at the gabba or the SCG. Now, I want all three. I think we should win this but I doubt it will be much of a percentage booster. 4 points is good enough for me.

These type of threads are just asking some divine being to curse us with our usual form.

Leave the cockiness to other teams, keep a lid on it and enjoy the wins as and when they come along.

This. Although most don't expect us to win, these are the sort of games that can quickly go bad. I'd be just hoping for the win, not chasing a % boost!

Dont underestimate the weevils. Derbys even up the sides. I'm expecting a close hard game.

We need to bring our A+ game today and not give the druggies a break.

Cockiness is just going to make a loss harder to handle.

Remove this Banner Ad

PERCENTAGE sorry Eagle boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back