Perfect article about Brett Lee

Remove this Banner Ad

I too can't stand Brett Lee
and the other night there was some proof in the pudding at the Allan Border Medal
Votes are cast by the team,media,and the umpires..and the 3 highest vote getters recive votes..3...2...1

2nd test Adelaide
3..R Ponting
2 S Katich
1A Bichel
Bichel subsequently dropped for Brett Lee to come into the side

3rd test Melbourne

3 R Ponting
2 M Hayden
1 B Williams
Brad Williams dropped after this match so Brett Lee could become the second player in Australian Test HISTORY(130 years)
to go for 200+ runs

the question has to be asked why would you drop the best performed quick bowler from the previous test to keep this usless overated hack in the side

Originally posted by Cooldude
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/14/1076548272007.html

The article is spot on.

Time for Lee to scrap his pretty boy image, stop spending more time in caring his face and getting Botox-ed, and concentrate on what he's paid to do: Bowl well and get wickets.

Who says he hasnt been concentrating on his cricket? This author obviously has no clue or hard facts about that, and clearly you are one of the cynical viewers who he refers to. Are you getting desperate for new ways to bag Lee?

Re: Re: Perfect article about Brett Lee

Originally posted by CatManDo
Who says he hasnt been concentrating on his cricket? This author obviously has no clue or hard facts about that, and clearly you are one of the cynical viewers who he refers to. Are you getting desperate for new ways to bag Lee?

No one says he's not concentrating on his own cricket, but it's a fact that Lee has not fulfilled anywhere near his potential, and for some time.

He only got in touch with Lillie when he was having that no ball problem, yet it's quite obvious that he's been having problems in the Test match arena for some time (the stats don't lie), and never had he soughted advice from Lillie on what he can do to improve his form, even though he's in quite a lean patch.

If Lee sets high enough standards for himself (as the article points out), surely he wouldn't be happy with his test performances, he has no taken a 5 wicket bag beyond more than 5 wickets (his debut), and hasn't ever ran through a batting order, for a guy who some say is the fastest bowler in the world and for his teammates are described as their primary strike weapon in the team, that's just not good enough. If you want convincing how a fast bowler can run through a side, look at Shoaib Ahktar.

If Lee thinks his role is to bowl as fast as possible and go for wickets regardless of how expensive he is, he is wrong. Mcgrath is now out, and god knows if he'd ever return, it's very, very important for Lee to stand up and be counted, and show us the talent he promised, and lead the Aussie attack for the next 5 years. He won't do that by trying to be flamboyant and bowling fast all the time.

He's been doing extremely well in the one day game for some time, but that's irrelevant to his test match form, test matches is where the bowlers get the true test and Lee obviously failed for the time being.

Everyone wants him to do well, I want him to do well for the sake of the team, but if he wants to show that he's fair dinkum with his test career, then he'd give up all the fame and media hype and fulfil what many predicted would be one of the greatest fast bowling talent ever.

I used to defend Lee's form, but now it's beyond the joke, I was gutted when Bichel was dropped for two poor series, yet Lee had two poor years and was still almost automatic selection, for a man who gives his heart and soul to the team, it can be nothing but double standards.

Anyway, I thought the article was spot on, coz he's not one of those "hype up Lee" media pundits, couldn't believe when Lee came back in the Boxing day test last year and bowled crap and was expensive and got Tendulkar out strangled with a leg side rubbish ball, and then the news would say "Fast Bowler Lee has made a dream start by getting Tendulkar".

Re: Re: Re: Perfect article about Brett Lee

No one says he's not concentrating on his own cricket, but it's a fact that Lee has not fulfilled anywhere near his potential, and for some time.

No one says that? You said it in your first bloody post!

Whether he is fullfilling his potential or not has nothing to do with it.

You are jumping to absurd conclusions in your haste to tell us all over and over why you dislike Brett Lee.

He only got in touch with Lillie when he was having that no ball problem, yet it's quite obvious that he's been having problems in the Test match arena for some time (the stats don't lie), and never had he soughted advice from Lillie on what he can do to improve his form, even though he's in quite a lean patch.

The fact that he went to Lillee at all shows he is desperate to correct his form. Lillee is not his coach. Im sure Lee realises that he cant run to him for help every time he has a bad performance.

If Lee sets high enough standards for himself (as the article points out), surely he wouldn't be happy with his test performances, he has no taken a 5 wicket bag beyond more than 5 wickets (his debut), and hasn't ever ran through a batting order, for a guy who some say is the fastest bowler in the world and for his teammates are described as their primary strike weapon in the team, that's just not good enough. If you want convincing how a fast bowler can run through a side, look at Shoaib Ahktar.

Do you have any idea what 'standards' Lee sets for himself? The author of the article didnt. How do you know he isnt working hard? If he was out partying like the Poo then you would have a point. Quoting stats on how many 5 wicket hauls he has taken has no relation to his desire.

If Lee thinks his role is to bowl as fast as possible and go for wickets regardless of how expensive he is, he is wrong. Mcgrath is now out, and god knows if he'd ever return, it's very, very important for Lee to stand up and be counted, and show us the talent he promised, and lead the Aussie attack for the next 5 years. He won't do that by trying to be flamboyant and bowling fast all the time.

He's been doing extremely well in the one day game for some time, but that's irrelevant to his test match form, test matches is where the bowlers get the true test and Lee obviously failed for the time being.

Everyone wants him to do well, I want him to do well for the sake of the team, but if he wants to show that he's fair dinkum with his test career, then he'd give up all the fame and media hype and fulfil what many predicted would be one of the greatest fast bowling talent ever.

I used to defend Lee's form, but now it's beyond the joke, I was gutted when Bichel was dropped for two poor series, yet Lee had two poor years and was still almost automatic selection, for a man who gives his heart and soul to the team, it can be nothing but double standards.

Anyway, I thought the article was spot on, coz he's not one of those "hype up Lee" media pundits, couldn't believe when Lee came back in the Boxing day test last year and bowled crap and was expensive and got Tendulkar out strangled with a leg side rubbish ball, and then the news would say "Fast Bowler Lee has made a dream start by getting Tendulkar".

You are just repeating the same old stale arguments about Lee. Bowl fast, dont bowl fast, whatever.

Its pretty much accepted that Lee's form in tests has been bad, and he should probably not be in the team. So I dont know why you're dredging up some second rate article in an attempt to suggest he is not concentrating on his cricket.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Perfect article about Brett Lee

No one says that? You said it in your first bloody post!

Whether he is fullfilling his potential or not has nothing to do with it.

You are jumping to absurd conclusions in your haste to tell us all over and over why you dislike Brett Lee.

The fact that he went to Lillee at all shows he is desperate to correct his form. Lillee is not his coach. Im sure Lee realises that he cant run to him for help every time he has a bad performance.

Do you have any idea what 'standards' Lee sets for himself? The author of the article didnt. How do you know he isnt working hard? If he was out partying like the Poo then you would have a point. Quoting stats on how many 5 wicket hauls he has taken has no relation to his desire.

You are just repeating the same old stale arguments about Lee. Bowl fast, dont bowl fast, whatever.

Its pretty much accepted that Lee's form in tests has been bad, and he should probably not be in the team. So I dont know why you're dredging up some second rate article in an attempt to suggest he is not concentrating on his cricket.

The article's hardly second rated.

If you agree that Brett Lee shouldn't be in the test team, then you pretty much agree with the article.

While most of the Australian media believe in the hype from Lee, there seems to be some sanity from this little journo.

Anyway, not by any means wanting to say he is not concentrating on his cricket, all that matters is that time is running out for him to fulfil his talent in the test team, but of course, going by the last couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd still be in the test side for another 3 years even if he's bowling pies

Its only natural that most journos will make a big noise about Lee, and it will happen for his whole international career. Time is definitely running out though.

Its only natural that most journos will make a big noise about Lee, and it will happen for his whole international career. Time is definitely running out though.

The English media makes the same sorta noise for David Beckham, but if you exclude the females, 99% of all England population dislike Beckham coz of all those hype and rubbish.

I guess the same goes to Brett Lee, but the difference between him and Becks is that Becks is a proven great player, Lee isn't, that's why the hype is even more ridiculous.

Time for Lee to stand up to the real Test
By Brendan McArdle

Who??

I will give the guy some credit though as the following quote shows that he thinks Lee IS TRYING and he's spot on when it comes Lee's ODI matches:

He is a team player, never allowing personal disappointments to drag others down; he is fit and athletic, and is a relentlessly optimistic trier, a quality that has won him respect from fast bowling legends of the past who understand the difficulty of their trade. However, Lee is becoming more effective in one-dayers than he is in Tests. He has had an exceptional 12 months in the abbreviated game, with an outstanding World Cup and some memorable spells in Australia, none more so than in Perth recently

He only got in touch with Lillie when he was having that no ball problem, yet it's quite obvious that he's been having problems in the Test match arena for some time

How do you know that this is the "ONLY" time Lee has contacted Lillee over the past few years? This was an issue currently and was highlighted in the media so we know about it. What about other times?

I agree that Lee sucks in tests but Cooldude you have got to seriously get over with your fixation on Lee. Are you related to Dan Warna??

Originally posted by IceTemple

How do you know that this is the "ONLY" time Lee has contacted Lillee over the past few years? This was an issue currently and was highlighted in the media so we know about it. What about other times?

This time when he first contacted Dennis Lillee, you can see Brett Lee's action changed by quite a bit, his first movement of the loading of the arm is different to 3 years ago, there are more changes, but I obviously ain't good enough to pick them up.

If Lee has contacted Lillee over the past few years, surely Lillee would've also gave advice to change his action, yet there's been very little changed in the past 3 years until last summer.

Warnie's action constantly changes all the time, coz T.J would ring him everytime he sees something wrong and tell him if his wrist action's wrong, or he isn't following through, or if he's leaning on one side too much, surely if Lee's fair dinkum, he'd develope the same sorta relationship with Lillee.

Originally posted by IceTemple

I agree that Lee sucks in tests but Cooldude you have got to seriously get over with your fixation on Lee. Are you related to Dan Warna??

You see to be related to Adelaide Hawk and Becker as far as the Brett Lee fan club goes.

No, I don't hate Brett Lee or anything, in fact I used to defend him and his test form as well, but I was amused when Bichel was dropped for 2 poor series and this bloke hasn't been dropped for poor form in 3 years. I'm a big fan of Bic, he gives his all to the team, not saying Bing doesn't do the same, but Bic gives it twice more than he does, and he's dropped. I must say I was gutted at the double standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect article about Brett Lee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back