Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

At times, yes. It seemed to be a constant problem in the past but I haven't really noticed it as much this season (not that I look at it that much). There was one game though where the screen and scoreboard weren't working properly for a large portion of the game.

I didn't notice it in previous seasons, I've only noticed this year.

Not much room for upgrades if the stadium capacity needs expanding.

Probably on purpose so they can eventually get a third AFL team into WA and charge more for other events. The third WA afl team means the stadium can be used a lot more and more cash in return......Maybe. :D

when its built in 2018, and Freo are down the bottom ex Ross Lyon and the Suns are at the top and winning flags, the bathrooms will be needed as travelling Suns supporters will be pissing themselves laughing... :p

I wonder if traveling fans will actually get seats or whether it will get locked out as soon as the Eagles win a couple of games in a row

I wonder if traveling fans will actually get seats or whether it will get locked out as soon as the Eagles win a couple of games in a row

Despite the joke I think that is a good point. I know there are a lot of people who don't go to the footy because Subi is so crap. I wonder how the membership numbers will be effected with a better stadium and hopefully cheaper seats.

Despite the joke I think that is a good point. I know there are a lot of people who don't go to the footy because Subi is so crap. I wonder how the membership numbers will be effected with a better stadium and hopefully cheaper seats.

I'm not entirely joking. I think we could lockout 60k with proper marketing and some good form.

I barely ever get to attend matches but I'll be going every week if possible when the new stadium opens and I suspect thousands of other Eagles supporters think the same.

Hate the idea of big screens behind the goals. Is perfect on the wings at Subi where you can actually see them unlike at Etihad or the MCG.
How can you not see the screens at etihad and the G? They're a lot better than the ones at Subi.

Looks good though would be nice to actually be able to go to the footy without being on the ticket website the second the tickets go on sale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stadium design is terrible. Lack of wooden seats upsets me, I like stretching out on the benches when there's space. Combine that with the ridiculous notion of wifi everywhere at the stadium (you should be watching the game!) and drink holders in every seat (further compounding the obesity and diabetic issues in this state) and all in all it's another expensive waste of money that could have been better spent on hospitals or schools. As long as they're not built close to where I live of course.

None out of ten.

I don't know.

On the subject of seats though, I wonder if we will still need arse-cushions, or if they will be comfy enough without them.
Bigger seats to fit obese patrons means patrons have fat asses means cushions not needed. If not obese yet by 2018 you could be. Its an epidemic apparently.

Another mini MCG. I'll stick to Adelaide Oval. Glad you guys are finally getting a decent stadium over there. Well overdue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back