snappytom

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2004
west oz
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
some weeks 7 show 2 games and other times only one on sundays.
this week its 2 next week its one.
coll v carl for the 4th yr in a row gets neglected next week
somehow the rules dont apply this week

seven tell me they are not allowed to show 2 games each week

just what is the rule? i reckon 7 make it up to suit themselves.

im lucky i can get c7 so i will see coll v carl live but most in WA will not.

its a joke.

its a joke.

They showed two games on Sunday, so they're talking outta their asses.

its a joke.

The way the contract sits, 7 broadcast the Sunday afternoon game.

Under the contract they also have to broadcast the interstate teams to their respective states.

ie On Sunday (Frem v Rich) Foxtel broadcast the match, however Ch7 Perth and GWN also show the match as per the contact.

Same situation applies if Crows/Power play either the Sunday early or Sunday Twilight game. 7 broadcast it aswel as their Sunday afternoon match.

well why this week is 7 doing wet toaster same as fox and delaying its own game until late at night

and this week did ess v coll and freo v ric both live.

its just inconsistent and shitouse

well why this week is 7 doing wet toaster same as fox and delaying its own game until late at night

its just inconsistent and shitouse

No it's consistent.

The free to air station (in this case 7), prefrence the interstate matches in the interstate market because it rates higher.

Foxtel should broadcast the Collingwood v Essendon clash LIVE as Fox Footy use to do, however they choose not to.

Has to do with clashes of the games. 7 showed 2 games last week because there was no clash between the interstate team and their scheduled match.

Channel 10 does the exact same thing on a Saturday night with wce/freo games.

Best advice I can give for those wanting to watch your team while an wce/freo game is going on is to find a pub which has the channel SCTV.

Also just to note I find it ridiculous aswell, fox should probably open up there main event channel or something. And this week looking at the TV guide I see there is a 30 min delay for WC V Freo starting at 3. Surely they can show there game live at 12pm?

melb office picks the games for 7 and 10
They deliberately never choose a WA or SA teams game as the law states they can show them anyway yet foxtel have the expense of travelling its cameras and callers each time.

Fox would love to show all collingwood games live but 7 and 10 want to show them into melb so they pick them all,and only show a few live if any.

coll v carl this week is at 1030pm in perrth
its on fox at 630pm
but i have c7 so i get it on 1 hr delay after 7 have finished showing v8s into alice springs

just get 7 out of footy:thumbsdown:

I came across this on the TV Tonight website regarding coverage in Perth according to Channel 7:

davidj says:
April 28, 2010 at 6:55 pm

the following is a response from 7 perth about this sundays clash from melbourne Dear David

Thank you for your email regarding next Sunday’s round six match between Carlton and Collingwood.

The negotiations for the current AFL rights were very long and extremely complex. As part of the negotiations, Channel Seven gets the Friday night games and game 7 each weekend, no matter who is playing in Game 7 and Foxtel get games 6 and 8. However if a local team is playing in game 6 or 8 (local in WA means West Coast or Fremantle) then Seven gets to telecast these games. The reason for that is that the AFL and the Free to Air (FTA) Networks wanted to ensure local team coverage on FTA in their home states. In Adelaide and Victoria the same rule applies for their local teams.

Network Ten gets two nominated Saturday games each week and the same rule applies for local teams in each respective state.

Therefore, because Channel Seven Perth is telecasting the West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle game (a Foxtel allocated game), as part of our agreement with Foxtel, we are unable to show the Carlton vs Collingwood match until late on Sunday night.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact to us.

Regards

Program Department
Channel Seven Perth

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/04/afl-monday-night-match.html

i used to be able to pick Ch7 from Alice springs via satelite but since that damn storm last month it's not working anymore...

It just annoys me that you can't get Ch 7 in Perth to show a real game of footy instead of the crappy Derby

No it's consistent.

The free to air station (in this case 7), prefrence the interstate matches in the interstate market because it rates higher.

Foxtel should broadcast the Collingwood v Essendon clash LIVE as Fox Footy use to do, however they choose not to.

7 and the AFL wont allow fox to do so in SA or WA and that is the reason games on 518 in other states on friday and sunday arent shown live on fox in those states

fox have said many times they would love to do friday live to all states but are not allowed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.

A: Coll v Ess wasn't their game so they couldn't show it
B: Fox Sports have a single, national signal. They can't show different games into different states like Fox Footy could.

No.

A: Coll v Ess wasn't their game so they couldn't show it
B: Fox Sports have a single, national signal. They can't show different games into different states like Fox Footy could.

Well mate Fox Footy managed to show different games into different states, so Fox Sports who have 4 sports channels should get the adequate facilities to do it.

After all you're paying for the extra game on Fox.

I came across this on the TV Tonight website regarding coverage in Perth according to Channel 7: davidj says:
April 28, 2010 at 6:55 pm

the following is a response from 7 perth about this sundays clash from melbourne Dear David

Thank you for your email regarding next Sunday’s round six match between Carlton and Collingwood.

The negotiations for the current AFL rights were very long and extremely complex. As part of the negotiations, Channel Seven gets the Friday night games and game 7 each weekend, no matter who is playing in Game 7 and Foxtel get games 6 and 8. However if a local team is playing in game 6 or 8 (local in WA means West Coast or Fremantle) then Seven gets to telecast these games. The reason for that is that the AFL and the Free to Air (FTA) Networks wanted to ensure local team coverage on FTA in their home states. In Adelaide and Victoria the same rule applies for their local teams.

Network Ten gets two nominated Saturday games each week and the same rule applies for local teams in each respective state.

Therefore, because Channel Seven Perth is telecasting the West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle game (a Foxtel allocated game), as part of our agreement with Foxtel, we are unable to show the Carlton vs Collingwood match until late on Sunday night.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact to us.

Regards

Program Department
Channel Seven Perth

This still makes no sense - in Round 3 Channel 7 showed WB v Haw ('game 7 as they called it') and then showed Freo v Geel.

If they can do that in Round 3 why can't they do it in Round 6?

Just cant understand why the 7 game (Coll v Carl) can be shown at 10.30pm (or whatever late shit time it is) and not the convenient time of 12pm

Yeah I don't get it either. You could maybe understand it if it was clashing with the Derby but it isn't, they could show the Collingwood v Carlton game at 12pm and then the Derby at 3pm.

Seven have shown two live games on Sunday at other times so I can't understand why they can't do it this time. Putting a replay on at 10.30/11pm is a complete waste of time as everyone knows the score by then and most people don't want to stay up until 2am on Sunday night to watch it anyway.

It's because of the V8's. I suspect they aren't able to show the coll/carl match at 12 because of prior agreement to show the V8's at the same time.

7s prority is car racing must be live
gardens need watering at 730pm and footy can be shown whenever they like:thumbsdown:
get this rabble of a station off the air !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

It's because of the V8's. I suspect they aren't able to show the coll/carl match at 12 because of prior agreement to show the V8's at the same time.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to point this out. Idiots itt :rolleyes:

Just read somewhere that next Saturday night there's no coverage of the top of the table Pies v Cats but instead we get the absolute privilege of watching the wooden spoon title fight on two channels simultaneously. I would imagine its the same story on our radio stations. How lucky are we???

Remove this Banner Ad

perth tv is impossible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back