Peter de Rauch on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

SO this is the small victory you have been able to garner today.

Your mate lacked the balls to go on the board, installing Duff instead, and then couldn['t get on the board after Brayshaw curried a split in the numbers.

He who hesitates...

I mean, take your victories where you can, but today it's looking more and more like you ****ers have just lost a year long battle.

And of course there is the de Rauch revelation that only 3 people turned up to big Dawson party a couple of weeks back.

So many wasted mini-quiches.

I don't want us to die in the near future. That's about it. I'm all for JB's plan IF it comes off but I am very skeptical at the moment, as I have said before I have been told by people who have heard it first hand that it was very flimsy.

You do know the names that have ticked this off, don't you? I mean come on, champ. Mark runs a consultancy business in North Melbourne. Good for him. But we are talking serious types, here.

And before anyone says that if we move we are dead anyway, that is your personal opinion. The club may be dead to you but it won't be to me and I know there are many others who feel the same

Fair enough. We've covered this about 1000 times and I can't be arsed doing it again. If it goes the way of the good guys tonight (or whenever), I look forward to you and your sources loving our success and feeling like arseholes for trying to stop it, all at the same time.

Enjoy.

I don't want us to die in the near future. That's about it. I'm all for JB's plan IF it comes off but I am very skeptical at the moment, as I have said before I have been told by people who have heard it first hand that it was very flimsy.

And before anyone says that if we move we are dead anyway, that is your personal opinion. The club may be dead to you but it won't be to me and I know there are many others who feel the same.
Name these so called people who believe JB's plan to be "very flimsy".

You do know the names that have ticked this off, don't you? I mean come on, champ. Mark runs a consultancy business in North Melbourne. Good for him. But we are talking serious types, here.

Fair enough. We've covered this about 1000 times and I can't be arsed doing it again. If it goes the way of the good guys tonight (or whenever), I look forward to you and your sources loving our success and feeling like arseholes for trying to stop it, all at the same time.

Enjoy.
I realise that anyone with a pro-GC opinion is automatically linked to Mark Dawson but I can honestly say that if there weren't pictures of him posted on here I would barely remember what he looks like.

If you really believe that the Pro-GC people are working against the plan drawn up by James Brayshaw then you have absolutely no idea about what is going on. These blokes may have differing opinions but I can assure you they all believe what they are doing is what is best for the club they are not working against each other.

If you really believe that the Pro-GC people are working against the plan drawn up by James Brayshaw then you have absolutely no idea about what is going on. These blokes may have differing opinions but I can assure you they all believe what they are doing is what is best for the club they are not working against each other.

To be honest, I am really sick of hearing this bullshit over and over again. How can killing the 138 old football club be the best thing for it?

I really can't be bothered entering into a full blown argument over this again, but FFS, what is it about the new GC club that would somehow relate it to our club? The colours? They can change from day one, or day three. The name? Name Kangaroos means little to most of us in isolation. It's North Melbourne Kangaroos that we know as our club. The Kangaroos on its own may as well be a Rugby League National side or anything else.

The club would be run by a mixture of AFL and Gold Coast business identities liek Witheriff. They would be rapt to take over our license and player list, but what makes it our club?

I really struggle to get that notion explained to me by any pro GC defeatiest believer.

The way I was brought up tells me that in life you fight to protect what's dear to you until there is no more strength is left in your body. By that I mean my family, and my footy club comes close to being on the same level.

Accepting a half arsed rebadging before all options are exausted isn't what I believe in. And perhaps that is why I support this football club. It's the only football club that shares my values, which leads me to wonder, that perhaps many of those who have so easily accepted "the inevitable" as CW puts it, are better off supporting another club? as their values are far from what this club stands for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, I am really sick of hearing this bullshit over and over again. How can killing the 138 old football club be the best thing for it?

I really can't be bothered entering into a full blown argument over this again, but FFS, what is it about the new GC club that would somehow relate it to our club? The colours? They can change from day one, or day three. The name? Name Kangaroos means little to most of us in isolation. It's North Melbourne Kangaroos that we know as our club. The Kangaroos on its own may as well be a Rugby League National side or anything else.

The club would be run by a mixture of AFL and Gold Coast business identities liek Witheriff. They would be rapt to take over our license and player list, but what makes it our club?

I really struggle to get that notion explained to me by any pro GC defeatiest believer.

The way I was brought up tells me that in life you fight to protect what's dear to you until there is no more strength is left in your body. By that I mean my family, and my footy club comes close to being on the same level.

Accepting a half arsed rebadging before all options are exausted isn't what I believe in. And perhaps that is why I support this football club. It's the only football club that shares my values, which leads me to wonder, that perhaps many of those who have so easily accepted "the inevitable" as CW puts it, are better off supporting another club? as their values are far from what this club stands for.
Vlads in the house.

Top post.

Great call mate!

If there is ever a club that was born and raised to punch on with it's back against the wall it's the North Melbourne Footy Club!!

Bring it on - we've been doing this for for so long it's second nature - it's not the size of dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Cheers

Gonzo

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter de Rauch on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back