Peter Siddle

Remove this Banner Ad

If everyone one is fully fit the pace attack would be very hard to pick. You could pick Pattinson, Harris, Byrd, Cummins, Siddle, Starc very easily. All worthy and a real world class line up. Certainly better than England's IMO (pity about the batting). Can't fit them all in though so 3 miss out meaning alot of unlucky bowlers.

He's in front of Johnson and Starc for mine.

He's in front of Johnson and Cummins. Starc is a funny one, on the one hand he's inconsistent and unreliable, but on the other hand, he has the ability to absolutely decimate an opposition batting lineup. He and Siddle are pretty much polar opposite bowlers.

Only on bigfooty does an unproven 21 year old beat a consistent performer over 2 years...
Understandable response but I think Cummins quality is unquestioned. If he can get over his injuries he could be the best fast bowler in the world. And if the side we are picking is youthful and "on the rebuild" we need to be picking players like this. He's already shown against the South African's what he can do. Ideally I would have Pattinson, Cummins and Bird with Harris an unlucky man.

He's in front of Johnson and Cummins. Starc is a funny one, on the one hand he's inconsistent and unreliable, but on the other hand, he has the ability to absolutely decimate an opposition batting lineup. He and Siddle are pretty much polar opposite bowlers.
Don't rate Starc as a Test bowler at the moment. I would rather he play ODIs/T20 for Australia and play a large portion of his season in the shield and bash the door down with wickets and good form than be picked at the moment.

Understandable response but I think Cummins quality is unquestioned. If he can get over his injuries he could be the best fast bowler in the world. And if the side we are picking is youthful and "on the rebuild" we need to be picking players like this. He's already shown against the South African's what he can do. Ideally I would have Pattinson, Cummins and Bird with Harris an unlucky man.
three bowlers who've had about 12/13 tests between them. Our first choice attack should be Siddle, Pattinson and Harris, Bird 4th in line

three bowlers who've had about 12/13 tests between them. Our first choice attack should be Siddle, Pattinson and Harris, Bird 4th in line

With England our next tour there is no way, at this point at least, I want Byrd out of the side. He looks so well suited to conditions in England, I'd happily go with Pattinson, Harris and Byrd. Maybe even even 4 quicks with our lack of spin options although with an allrounder as well or that might be overkill.

Don't rate Starc as a Test bowler at the moment. I would rather he play ODIs/T20 for Australia and play a large portion of his season in the shield and bash the door down with wickets and good form than be picked at the moment.

Yeah fair enough. I think the guys gonna improve out of sight over the next few years, only 22 and already a weapon (albeit unreliable). Happy for him to work on it in Shield cricket for the next season or so.

He's in front of Johnson and Starc for mine.

I would say on par with Johnson.
Behind Starc.
Remember i said, if they are 100% fit and firing.
On peak form Starc is unplayable, and Johnson isnt far off unplayable.
Siddles best trait is he is far more consistent then those two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Siddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back