Peter Street

Remove this Banner Ad

Another option is Ryan Willits from Power. Was good in SANFL this year. They rookied him in '08 but was never a chance behind Brogan and Lade. Been offered pre-season at Carlton and Crows. 99% sure he's returning to Melb!

at 211cm you should hope he can get a fair few hit outs with such a height advantage.
Look how useless he is around the ground and think why it is that the dogs were so desperate to get Hudson from Adelaide, even though they already had Street.
If he comes close to Punt Road, even just for training I will be absolutly disgusted

I thought he was starting to play well in 2006 and 2007 because he was actually given game time with Darcy injured. He was doing good things around the ground too. Was surprised that the Dogs got Hudson, thought Street and Minson were a good pair. Hudson is fat and slow, Dogs should have stuck with Street :cool:

While I agree with the sentiment, I think people overrate the impact of 4 boundary umpires. The ball wont go over any more often, it'll just be noticed more correctly. How many OOB's get missed? 1 or 2 per game?

It's not so much the extra 1 or 2 per game that they'll pick up. It's more a case of the boundary umpire being on the spot more often to get the ball back in to play straight away, not giving the ruckmen as much time to get to the contest.

Another option is Ryan Willits from Power. Was good in SANFL this year. They rookied him in '08 but was never a chance behind Brogan and Lade. Been offered pre-season at Carlton and Crows. 99% sure he's returning to Melb!

Or Fabian DeLuca (if out of flavour?). Played a handful of games for Port and mostly Sturt in the SANFL alongside Adam Thompson. The lad is 21 yo, has a big frame at 203cm & 100kg. Probably deserves a second chance if delisted by the Power at a minimal cost!

You're right MT. Eade should've shown more faith in Minson and Street. Instead of getting Hudson they should've bought a key forward. They got Scott Welsh but he's only 188cm. With what they paid Hudson, they could've got the 6'5" marking forward and may have made the GF. The pressure on Brad Johnson in the Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong finals was massive and it showed. He's 182cm, Danny Meyer's even taller at 183cm.

Or Fabian DeLuca (if out of flavour?). Played a handful of games for Port and mostly Sturt in the SANFL alongside Adam Thompson. The lad is 21 yo, has a big frame at 203cm & 100kg. Probably deserves a second chance if delisted by the Power at a minimal cost!

Agree. These blokes are starting to become men. 21 years old, 200cm+, 100kg. No offence to Graham but they are very strong and I'm not sure if it's stll the case but they confront bigger bodies in SANFL. Most VFL ruckman are straight out of the Under 18's or are undersized (eg. Ackland) AFL ruckman.

You're right MT. Eade should've shown more faith in Minson and Street. Instead of getting Hudson they should've bought a key forward. They got Scott Welsh but he's only 188cm. With what they paid Hudson, they could've got the 6'5" marking forward and may have made the GF. The pressure on Brad Johnson in the Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong finals was massive and it showed. He's 182cm, Danny Meyer's even taller at 183cm.

Street is a liability outside of his tap work. What 6'5 marking forward was available? We got Welsh for nothing in the PSD.

The solution is to develop our young talls in Grant and Boumann not get a clubs 3rd-4th string KPP hack.

I honestly thought street and minson were among the best ruck combos in the league. Street was improving every game. I really think Street would be very good to have for 3-4 years while Putt and Graham become good enough to take over

Street is a liability outside of his tap work. What 6'5 marking forward was available? We got Welsh for nothing in the PSD.

The solution is to develop our young talls in Grant and Boumann not get a clubs 3rd-4th string KPP hack.
True there weren't 6'5" KPP's falling out of trees so it's important to develop your own (like we are with Riewoldt & Hughes) but I just thought the $$$ invested in Hudson could've been better invested in the forward line. You got 40+ from Aker, Johnson and Welsh but a big CHF (like a Brad Miller) would make a big diff. I love watching Robert Murphy play but he's too small for CHF.

True there weren't 6'5" KPP's falling out of trees so it's important to develop your own (like we are with Riewoldt & Hughes) but I just thought the $$$ invested in Hudson could've been better invested in the forward line. You got 40+ from Aker, Johnson and Welsh but a big CHF (like a Brad Miller) would make a big diff. I love watching Robert Murphy play but he's too small for CHF.

Ahh I think Murph does the lead up CHF role perfectly, what we need is the closer to goals KPP pack marking monster when plan A fails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember our mid 90's Plan B. Throw Paul Bulluss to the forward line and hope he takes a mark. Plan C was Scooter Moore in the goalsquare on his own and plan D worked against WC at Princes Park one day. Mark Neeld dragged Guy McKenna from half back to Alexander Parade and Stewy Edwards kicked 4.

Remember our mid 90's Plan B. Throw Paul Bulluss to the forward line and hope he takes a mark. Plan C was Scooter Moore in the goalsquare on his own and plan D worked against WC at Princes Park one day. Mark Neeld dragged Guy McKenna from half back to Alexander Parade and Stewy Edwards kicked 4.

the cavalcade of stars rolls on. The classic was the night, Paul Bullus started in the FL and was dragging Jackovic to the flank, leaving the door open for Richo to do his stuff. It was hilarious watching Jackovic looking up at Bullus, with this forlorn look, knowing full well that he was heading for starvation corner. ;)

Why the infatuation with picking up another ruck?

I don't see the need myself, why do we recruit young rucks in the draft if we aren't going to develop them and at the very least find out if they're up to it?

Dean Cox wasn't a gun player from game one!

Recruiting a Street or Seaby would just prolong or even stunt the development of Putt and Graham, give em a crack at least, they may surprise you!

2008 we had a dream run with injuries.

I hope the wheel doesn't turn this year but if it did.........?

Let's not forget the trouble we had in 07 without a good backup ruck. Yes we have Graham, Putt and cartlidge but Streety wouldn't be bad insurance even if he has to play in the two's all year.

Just don't moan next year if our only decent ruck goes down and we have to put a young ruck up against some big bodies;)

I hear he has been delisted. I think we should grab him in the PSD. He was actually doing well in 2006-07. Was gaining confidence as he got more game time and was handy around the ground taking good marks and kicking goals. Then the Dogs picked up Hudson and Street couldn't get a game. I'd prefer Street over Hudson anyway. He'd get plenty of hit outs and moves well for his height. Surprised the Dogs even picked up Hudson. Thought Minson and Street were a good combo. I think he'd answer our short term ruck problems while Putt gains experience. He has a few years left and he is the 2nd tallest player in the AFL at 211cm ;)
LMAOOO

This from the bloke that rated Trent Knobel till his dying breath:thumbsu:

You have absolutely NFI when it come to talls madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Street

Remove this Banner Ad

Back