Pharro's Advertising Idea (taken from Pledge thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

advertising on the airwaves doesnt leave a physical legacy.
and plus the free advertising situation is gone..

Actually thats not true. As long as it's during a reasonably prime time, radio advertising is just as effective as print advertising.

The ad should be a bunch of questions demanding answers.

-why has the club lied to members by increasing the GC games to 4, when Chairman Duff promised any Gold Coast deal would only involve 3 games over 3 years?

-Why will the club make a decision on relocation by the end of November when Rick Aylett told members in March that any decision will be made after the current deal expires in 2009?

-Why have Stpehn Head and Andrew Carter been having secret discussions about relocation with the AFL? Why have members heard this from the media and not from our own admin?

-Why was John Mangowan issued 500,000 new shares in 2006? What effect does the power breakdown of the club? Why wasn't the deal extended to supporters so we can have a say in the club's future?

-How does Mark Brayshaw expect to live up to his pledge to be "independent of any board factions" when he works for Stephen Head?

-How was Mark Brayshaw able to join the board when he wasn't even a financial member in 2006?

-Why has the redevelopment of Arden St stalled again after suspicious circumstances? Is it still going ahead?

-Why was the wrong club constitution lodged with ASIC? Why was this not noticed by the admin? Why did it take a whistleblower to reveal this problem?

-What are the circumstances that surround Mark Dawson's accession to Chairman in place of his friend Graham Duff?

-What does Stephen Head's catering company stand to gain from any upgrade of Carrara?

Somehting like that.

I know who we need...two words... Michael Moore:D

The questions above are very interesting (great compilation, NimChief:thumbsu:). I agree that these need to be exposed to the general public but IMO putting an article into the HUN is like putting all your eggs in one basket. As a Sydney-sider, remember, this issue doesn't affect just Victorian-based supporters. It affects the entire national game as a whole. To focus on exposure in one state will disable the potential outcry we can muster from any form of BF based campaign.

To me, guys, Nim's points above reek of near scandal. It's a potentially huge story for all the 'facts' to be put together so I propose this and let's see if its viable...

I know some of the guys here are well involved in the 'entertainment industry'... and from my experience, sometimes who you know is more important than what you have in your wallet. So, I propose a hard-hitting, journalistic documentary to 1) Expose the tyranny of our board and 2) Build the love for North Melbourne. Obviously exposure is the key... rule out Channels 7 & 10, possibly look at 9 if they are still stinging at the AFL, but realistically go for the ABC or Foxtel. Get Sigrid involved as narrator/host. Go for a guy like John Safran who is ballsy enough to get in the face of the board and the AFL.

What do you guys think (a few I'm looking at in particular)? This is obviously a small brainstorm I've had and I think would be great... but please discuss. :)

Setting up a website should be your first port of call. It provides a base from which you can accept donations and update members, and a touch point for those who see ads in the paper.

The recent challenge to the St Kilda board set up this website:
http://www.stkildafootyfirst.com/

It worked really well, and is a pretty straighforward design. You could set one up for around 200 bucks.

In my experience, it is a fantastic form of communication, and will centralise all your ideas.

Good luck with your efforts.

I like the way you think.

I made a couple of unsuccessful attempts to get The Chasers involved earlier this year.

Imagine Chas in a lobster costume at the member's forum!;)

Lidge, I honestly thought about The Chasers in this regard, they would have the balls to go up against the board but I felt that this would have to be a 'prestige' piece and they would turn it into a joke.

Chas in a lobster suit I love...

Even better... the closing credits theme song could be Hansen's new "Eulogy Song" with the line "Duff will still be a w***er after death":D

Website is done and is available for anyone anti-GC.

Just send content to me and we'll get it up.

I agree that it should be set up something like stkilda first.

We need people with time and webpage design experience to help get it doing what we need it to do.

www.wearenorthmelbourne.com.au

All talk no action i hate to say boys. I have been reading about these concepts for the past 12 months. If your really serious get a group of three or four together and follow through.

An ad in the Herald Sun is an excellent idea link it to the wearenorth website for people who wish to register interest.

Start gathering details of people who are interested then start a database. Email updates for action and donations. Create an army of people who are intrerested and use the donations of funds to snowball it.

Thats the approach. THAT WAY YOU CAN DICTATE BOARD MEMBERS WHO WILL GET VOTED IN AND SO ON.

Text messaging, emails are they way to keep people updated. Things are a lot easier than they were in the Fitzroy and Hawks days. They still managed to mobilize.

All talk no action i hate to say boys. I have been reading about these concepts for the past 12 months. If your really serious get a group of three or four together and follow through.

An ad in the Herald Sun is an excellent idea link it to the wearenorth website for people who wish to register interest.

Start gathering details of people who are interested then start a database. Email updates for action and donations. Create an army of people who are intrerested and use the donations of funds to snowball it.

Thats the approach. THAT WAY YOU CAN DICTATE BOARD MEMBERS WHO WILL GET VOTED IN AND SO ON.

Text messaging, emails are they way to keep people updated. Things are a lot easier than they were in the Fitzroy and Hawks days. They still managed to mobilize.

Thoughts?

he has stated that yous have planned to heavily, with no action taken whatsoever.

i think it might be time to allow for the forum to take place, let people organise a rally, etc. (these people know who they are)

and then we can start thinking bigger.

rather than sitting here on bigfooty sayin 'how about this' or 'how about that'

atleast holding a rally would give us an indication of the size of the backing we have.
and only then can we really plan a proper campaign.

Just a thought for the website to start a thread on here and get everyone to contribute a post on what the NMFC means to them and what their life would be like without it... then whack them all up on the website, send them to the club, the media etc...

We did something similar a few years back (Yanni organised it i think?) when the team was in a slump - everyone chose a player and wrote a positive post about them and it was presented to the players to give them a lift...

hey guys.

As many of you have noticed, there is an election on.

the Bulldogs did handsomely out of the last election with the promised (and delivered) Whitten Oval redevelopment. I know Arden Street is being redeveloped at the moment, but perhaps the current political climate could be used to your advantage? Who can forget John Howard being cheered by a hall full of logcutters? As long as one party comes to the party, the other will feel the need to back the offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey guys.

As many of you have noticed, there is an election on.

the Bulldogs did handsomely out of the last election with the promised (and delivered) Whitten Oval redevelopment. I know Arden Street is being redeveloped at the moment, but perhaps the current political climate could be used to your advantage? Who can forget John Howard being cheered by a hall full of logcutters? As long as one party comes to the party, the other will feel the need to back the offer.

And North has long-standing Labor connections - Simon Crean, Ralph Willis ...

Due to circulation figures, I expect the HS will be dearer than The Age.

If anyone here has a company that regularly advertises with either paper, they shoudl be able to negotiate a lower rate. The cost probably would also depend on which part of the paper the ad goes in, and on what day.

Go for the Herald Sun. Higher circulation by a mile and probably more people that buy it read the SPORT and thats the key....cost will come down to how far back from the back page the ad is. Full spread unlikely because of cost i would think.

1) A designated spokesperson willing to field media inquiries. This person needs to be a clear-spoken, non-feral individual. Anything else does more harm than good.

If no one else is willing to do this i'll put my hand up. Just let me know if i am required or if you have found someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pharro's Advertising Idea (taken from Pledge thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back