Phew

Remove this Banner Ad

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
:eek: :cool:

Port really were made to earn what should've been a walkover with Essendon's absentees. A lot of pressure, and the Bombers probably losing it due to the lack of experience of some of the replacements.

Not the greatest match to watch, but the result is what counts.

Well done Port. Essendon were gallant, would have been soul crushing for Port to go out in straight sets. Lets hope you guys can make a game of it against Brissy (again).

Well done on the win, but very lucky!! All the best next week, but I'd think that the Lions would be too strong... but anything can happen!! ;)

well done to port. the monkey/gorilla/whatever's off their backs now :) chad cornes was unstoppable. nick stevens and gavin wanganeen were also terrific.

the bombers were brave all night and gave it their all, but at the end it wasn't enough.

wasn't a free flowing game but it was a great game to watch. disappointing crowd again (27k?) but they made a lot of noise - well it seems so on TV anyway - and that really spurred the power players on in that 3rd qtr.

Considering the circumstances, i thought we were ok tonight. It's been a tough year with injuries and whatnot, but that's footy. We'll be back.

Well done Port.

where's wally?

The Bombers were fantastic tonight IMO. They really acquitted themselves well without Lloyd and Fletcher (and Hird!) especially losing Bolten in the first quarter. I thought it was a really entertaining game, hard and tough with the result still in doubt well into the last quarter.

Well done to Port - they gutsed it out well and got the monkey off their backs.

Originally posted by redback
No I actually tipped the Pies last week.
To be perfectly honest, if I didn't follow Port I probably would have tipped Collingwood as well. The odds on offer were a bit silly, same as in the first game of the year against the Roos.
Tonight I felt very (ocky about the game even at half time. Next week, not quite as confident as tonight, but quietly confident.

not a great game or win really but well done on your first AFL final win Port :D.Brisbane Lions to likey beat Port quiet easier next week at the Gabba.BL and Port will play agiast each other in a PF and not a grand final like alot of people thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by RichmondTiger5
not a great game or win really but well done on your first AFL final win Port :D.Brisbane Lions to likey beat Port quiet easier next week at the Gabba.BL and Port will play agiast each other in a PF and not a grand final like alot of people thought.

Well that's the price Port pays for taking a game and a half of finals to shake the monkey off the back, lose the nerves and play they way they did to get to the minor premiership. If port play all of next weeks match like they did the second half then even if they lose at least it will be a tough contest.

André

Originally posted by Vintage 62
The Bombers were fantastic tonight IMO. They really acquitted themselves well without Lloyd and Fletcher (and Hird!) especially losing Bolten in the first quarter. I thought it was a really entertaining game, hard and tough with the result still in doubt well into the last quarter.

Well done to Port - they gutsed it out well and got the monkey off their backs.

How about Port were fantastic tonight IMO. They really acquitted themselves without Wilson and Wakelin, especially losing James early in the first quarter (before Bolten went done - and was that karma from above for taking james out or what ?). Port's early game yips in front of goal left the result still in doubt well into the last quarter when it shouldn't have been.

Nerves still showed before half time, but after that they played like the minor premiers and showed why not having a Power / Lions GF is going to rob people of the best match of the year.

André

Originally posted by Andre

How about Port were fantastic tonight IMO. They really acquitted themselves without Wilson and Wakelin, especially losing James early in the first quarter (before Bolten went done - and was that karma from above for taking james out or what ?). Port's early game yips in front of goal left the result still in doubt well into the last quarter when it shouldn't have been.

Nerves still showed before half time, but after that they played like the minor premiers and showed why not having a Power / Lions GF is going to rob people of the best match of the year.

André

Yeah but a power/Lions Gf is only the fault of the Power!

Also, Port played nervously in the first half, but the 2nd half the nerves started to disappear and they finally realised that they should have won (with Essendon's depleated side)

About time Port won their first finals match, but infortunately for them it will probably end there!

Lets just hope for hell it isn't a Port vs Collingwood GF
The 2 most hated sides up against eachother! arrgghh!:mad:

Originally posted by mic59

Don't you think it might be an idea to update your sig? Or are you going to wait till tomorrow night so you can change Port to 1/5 and Crows to 8/14 at the same time?

Oh yeah my sig!

Will do that! I made the mistake last week of getting too excited over Port's loss, it came back to haunt me the next night! Ohwell atleast tonight I watched the game with out going for any 1 team...also it hurt me to see Coll win last week, but it would have hurt more to see Port win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back