News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know what to say really... deep condolences to all affected and part of his life.
I dont know the man personally but this has shocked me more than i thought possible.

Feeling for all my family and friends back in my home town Adelaide right now and around the country.

To the AFC community my thoughts are with you all!

Terrible news that has hit the whole footy community. My thoughts go out to his friends and family, especially his wife and daughter. I can’t imagine how they are feeling right now.

RIP Phil Walsh

I don’t have a Crows scarf but will be putting out my Cats scarf as a sign of respect tonight.

I just landed in Dubai and as I was walking off the plane I saw the news screen someone had up and it said Adelaide Crows coach Phil Walsh stabbed to death. Just... I have no words.

I only met him once and briefly at that. He had the firmest handshake and gave you his full attention and appeared to be incredibly interested in what you had to say. He has made such an impression in a short time with us. It's not just the football world's loss, the tragedy goes much further than that.

Condolences to his wife, family and friends. To the Adelaide Football Club and the players and all the staff I can't imagine what they are having to go through. :(

Sitting here in an airport lounge with tears in my eyes.

Shocked. Such a tragedy.

A loss that will be felt by the whole football world - Walshy was connected to so many clubs.

Terrible news.

I didn't know Phil Walsh personally, but I'm feeling terrible about his tragic death. A bloke who has contributed much of his life to improving the game of football whether it be as a player, fitness coach, strategic development coach, assistant coach and all too briefly - a senior coach. Amazing person who helped shape the life of many young people throughout the last 25 years in his various coaching roles.

I guess it hits a chord with me as I'm also a coach and Phil and I were only 10 days apart in age, he was born on 15th March 1960 I was born on 5th March 1960. Reading the Caroline Wilson article from February this year I see Phil didn't like fishing and hated golf.....I'm exactly the same. The more I read about Phil and all the tributes the more I reflect on a wonderful character and how tragically sad his passing is.

RIP Phil Walsh. Condolences to his family, the Adelaide Football Club and all of his friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a tragic story. It still doesn't feel real. I was a keen observer of Phil's press conferences and media appearances as you couldn't help but admire the way he carried himself. His story, too, touched and made a deep impact on me. Honestly, this has affected me more than I would have expected, even as an opposition supporter with little affiliation to your football club. I can't begin to fathom how the fans are feeling right now, much less the club, its players, staff, and of course, Phil's family and friends. My thoughts are with all of you and with all others involved.

At the very least, Phil got to experience and live his dream to coach an AFL side - and coach it well at that. His experiences overseas that he's spoken of countless times convinced him to jump in the deep end and chase his dream, even if it was a long shot. In the end he got there - a credit to his dedication. He lived life to the fullest and learned from his mistakes and troubles. It's a tragedy that his dream was cut short, but regardless, his efforts and his determination to get where he wanted to go is something we can all learn from.

Whenever it is that your side takes the field next - not that football is at all important right now - I'll be cheering for them as if they're my own team.

Rest in peace Phil Walsh. A tragic loss. Gone far too soon, but nonetheless an inspiration to all.

As I have expressed on previous occasions, I think that Phil Walsh coming to the Crows was one of the best things that has happened to the AFC in a long, long, time. This sad news once again reinforces that the most important thing in life are family and friends.

My thoughts are with Phil's family and friends at this time which includes his "family" at the AFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back