Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a Fangio fan at all, but this is worth a watch...

Lot of good questions & answers in there but as with the AFL, I gotta jack my volume up to 10 to hear the question & then down for the answer. Amazing someone hasn't figured out a simple solution to this yet.

All that aside, I'm glad someone has the reigns of this defence that wont be threatened by early results or phased /pressured by criticism. Let him ride this D for a couple seasons & then see where we are at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good vibes from training camp so far, Hurts has been all but flawless, Mitchell lining up on Brown at every opportunity & holding his own, Smithy spending some time in the slot, love to see some of that come the real thing.

Why would the Giants DC give him any sort of insight? What a strange thing to do.

Not that unusual I suspect. For example Zac Merrett had a meeting with Buckley when he was still coach of the Pies to help with his game & Bucs was happy to oblige. Also gives the coach an in should the player want to move at some point.

Not that unusual I suspect. For example Zac Merrett had a meeting with Buckley when he was still coach of the Pies to help with his game & Bucs was happy to oblige. Also gives the coach an in should the player want to move at some point.
I think it's a bit different when it's the opposing QB and it's specifically the DC's job to stop (ultimately) Hurts.

The QB position is obviously far more influential than a midfielder in the AFL.

Not to mention, I very much doubt having an 'in' with Hurts will help the Giants land him haha.

He did say that was the first time he'd taken a call like that in 40 years in the industry so I'd guess it's more rare than you might suspect.

I think it's a bit different when it's the opposing QB and it's specifically the DC's job to stop (ultimately) Hurts.

The QB position is obviously far more influential than a midfielder in the AFL.

Not to mention, I very much doubt having an 'in' with Hurts will help the Giants land him haha.

He did say that was the first time he'd taken a call like that in 40 years in the industry so I'd guess it's more rare than you might suspect.

I was talking in general & I doubt many would come out with it. As for mids & qb's, it's all relative but 'far more influential'? Cant agree with that, qb's being offence only while elite mids can influence almost every aspect of the game.

I was talking in general & I doubt many would come out with it. As for mids & qb's, it's all relative but 'far more influential'? Cant agree with that, qb's being offence only while elite mids can influence almost every aspect of the game.
Yes but if your QB is terrible, you won't win any/many games.

As far as a key player goes, a QB is far more influential on a result than one midfielder. If Merrett has a down game, there are other midfielders to pick up the slack. If Hurts has a bad game, we lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back