Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but if your QB is terrible, you won't win any/many games.

As far as a key player goes, a QB is far more influential on a result than one midfielder. If Merrett has a down game, there are other midfielders to pick up the slack. If Hurts has a bad game, we lose.

We'll agree to disagree here, how do the Dogs go when Bont is out?

& you dont watch Essendon much if you think Zac out doesnt hurt. Pick up the slack, lol, I wish 🤣

Sure thats not a troll account GG?

Eagles offence has been killing it so far in practice, Hurts without an interception for example. Despite that the defence has been sound, Quinyon Mitchell looking really good up against Brown/Smith & a lock for CB2, Zach Baun a solid upgrade at LB, Williams, Cater & Davis all doing what they should be at this point.

Will it take a while for Fangio to get this thing running smoothly? Absolutely. But to describe the D's training camp as 'not good' is click bait BS.

Last edited:
We'll agree to disagree here, how do the Dogs go when Bont is out?

& you dont watch Essendon much if you think Zac out doesnt hurt. Pick up the slack, lol, I wish 🤣
Don't worry, we've got the same problem with Cripps...but that's a pain point for a different board haha.

Couple of those routes weren’t great but jeez Nate Wiggins is looking like a pick.

Combination of Pickett doesn’t particularly look out of place. Not sure about the placement for Ross on that 4th and out. Gainwell with a nice run. Can see our receivers are defininitely lacking though.

Most defensive starters on. Can’t see clear enough who the starting corners are other than Quinyon who had a ripper of a near interception bounce off his chest. Gashed the first couple of plays but sorted it out and certainly look a lot faster and more dynamic than last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-watched the game.

Big fan of Kellen Moore's offence. So much more dynamic and creative and it's just a pre season game.

Kenny Pickett is garbage. His throws just have no gas, underthrew John Ross early and did not look inspiring at all. Tanner McKee is a good shot at QB2.

Becton looks like he's almost locked in at RG.

Covey looks good. Ran a couple of nice screens, and a great returrn. He's a small dude but he's quick and has pretty safe hands.

Shipley looks great. Runs hard and has good hands.

Ainias Smith is a bust. He will be lucky to make the roster. Just has no juice. No explosion. Nothing.

Defence - most of the starters played, look pretty solid. Blitzed a LOT.

Nolan Smith had a good sack. Quinyon even ran a blitz from the slot. We have some serious athletes on this line now.

Ringo was excellent. Quinyon played extremely well in the slot, almost had an early interception.

Trotter Jr will be a star, he was a huge standout and his football IQ really shines.

Jalyx Hunt showed his athleticism.

Overall the defence is fast and they hit HARD for a pre-season game.

Plenty more but they were my takes on first glance... pretty good game. Can't flipping wait for the regular season.

Loved the look of Trotter, be great if he was a little bigger. Dean also looked solid I thought & good to see Nolan Smith show a bit.

Agree that Pickett is trash & I'd be starting Mckee in the next practice match. Got a glut of good RBs by the look of it, nice problem to have.

Loved the look of Trotter, be great if he was a little bigger. Dean also looked solid I thought & good to see Nolan Smith show a bit.

Agree that Pickett is trash & I'd be starting Mckee in the next practice match. Got a glut of good RBs by the look of it, nice problem to have.

Yep! Forgot to mention how good Lew Nicholls was. Kendall Milton had a crack. Second thoughts about Gainwell being the lock for RB2. Would take a huge effort to move him out of that spot but Shipley is very promising. Not sure how many guys they'll carry on the roster but depth behind Saquon is a good problem to have.

Interested to hear Vic's comments on Mitchell. & also his need to explain some defensive fundamentals to the beat writers which was funny, I do like the guy.

Big fan of his media work! Old school guy, says it how it is, ask him a decent question and he provides a decent response. No bullshit, happy to chip guys if they're not up to the task but also praises the good work.

Quinyon Mitchell beats DeVonta Smith

The 1-on-1 battles highlighted this crisp Sunday morning, with the top showdown between wide receiver Devonta Smith and cornerback Quinyon Mitchell. The two did not face off against each other until last week, but it's clear the duo are getting used to challenging each other in practice.

Mitchell and Smith went against each other three times. All were intense 1-on-1 battles:
  • Round 1: Smith got easy separation and caught a pass as Mitchell looked like a rookie
  • Round 2: Mitchell had blanket coverage on Smith, forcing an incompletion on an out near the left sideline. Mitchell said something to Smith after the play.
  • Round 3: Mitchell had tight coverage and forced a high throw to Smith. Prior to the play Eagles safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson yelled to Smith he met his match.
Mitchell took two of three in the best-of-three matchup. Quite impressive since 1-on-1s are in favor of the wide receivers.

CJGJ's comments on the sidelines are hilarious. Article worth reading about the training session post-Ravens game.

Yeah Kenny Pickett sucks ass. Tyler Steen went down with injury just before the second term.

Defence playing OK but nothing spectacular, mostly seconds and thirds with a couple of starting guys like Rogers/Ringo/Mitchell/Maddox. Starting LB's Dean/Baun. Smith getting plenty of time. No Carter or Davis. Ringo beaten a couple of times, had a nice rep just then. Maddox with a great interception in the end zone in the first to save a TD. LB's look like they're playing with ice skates on so far.

Drake Maye looking pretty good here.

Nothing inspiring at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back