Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Nick has little to no self control/awareness in those situations, it's just embarrassing at this point.

As for the game it was a struggle sure but no turnovers and 2 games straight with no interceptions for Hurts is a good sign. I feel confident the offence can steadily improve now Hurts looks to have cleaned up his game & we have the 2 stars back.

But Goedert (every ****ing year with this guy) & Mailata with hamstrings is not great. I did like Calcaterra's game though, runs a nice route & has good hands so hopefully he can step up while Goedert is out.

To start the game 3 & out after everything that's been going on was some pitiful stuff, wouldnt you bring your A grade shit to make sure you start with a positive drive?? But I thought they improved on offence as the game went on, Dotson finally gaining a bit of trust from Hurts, but without AJ & Smithy, we are nothing. Also liked the game Vic called today.

They might just meander through the season, not being very good & we all want Nick gone it seems but there's a bit of hope there imo.

Sirianni's post game presser was just a complete meltdown - got all emotional going off on random tangents about tennis and some other sport, then tried to get his young kids to say stuff about the crowd noise, then claimed to have called two of the worst plays of the game (one O and one D play), annnnnnd

then did an epic 4 somersault complete reverse pike with 3 side twists when asked about why slow starts continue to be an issue (we are the ONLY team that doesn't have A SINGLE POINT in the first quarter of any game this year!).

First the slow starts weren't an issue, then he said they shouldn't be talked about by the press because it might "get in the players heads", then he said "they'll fix it", then he said things are starting great??

BpG interlude on actual slow start facts for those interested - This is:
  • the first time in franchise history we’ve failed to score a point in the first quarter in the first five weeks of a season;
  • now seven straight games without a first quarter point - last was Julio Jones’ TD catch in the loss to Arizona in Week 17 2023;
  • first time we've gone seven straight games at any point without a 1st-quarter point since weeks 8 through 14 of 1994. That 94 team was abysmal - Rich Kotite's last year and Lurie's first year as owner, still gives me flashbacks to Kotite.
  • Eagles' last longer streak was an eight-game streak in 1936. If we don't score in the first quarter in one of the next two weeks we set the all time record for longest stretch of games ever in our history without a point in the first quarter.
All of which meant Sirianni completely overshadowed the great achievement of Brandon Graham in becoming the first ever all time Eagle to play 200 games for our club:

I never seen anything like this, what the **** is going on? kids up there like he just won the superbowl, speaking like a guy who's had too much coke. Incredible.

I never seen anything like this, what the **** is going on? kids up there like he just won the superbowl, speaking like a guy who's had too much coke. Incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im half way thru and i cant listen to his off the wall ramblings any longer, dont know how you guys do it every week.
The last 2 or 3 minutes just get waaaaay too off the wall, even for Sirriannnnnni.

He looks very much like he is having a meltdown, for his family's sake I hope someone from the Eagles steps in and gets him some support. He's done stupid childish antics before but never that bad a meltdown.

Surrounding himself with 3 young kids while melting down is just going to have such an impact on them as they grow up. They aren't old enough to choose to be part of that scene, they don't deserve to be put through that, let alone have every kid in school, college and the real world replay the clips when they are going through school or uni.

To start the game 3 & out after everything that's been going on was some pitiful stuff, wouldnt you bring your A grade shit to make sure you start with a positive drive?? But I thought they improved on offence as the game went on, Dotson finally gaining a bit of trust from Hurts, but without AJ & Smithy, we are nothing. Also liked the game Vic called today.

They might just meander through the season, not being very good & we all want Nick gone it seems but there's a bit of hope there imo.

Its a sign of bad coaching. We're worse the closer to Nick's scripted material that we are.

Today's game plan seemed right out of last years. Basically nothing but deep shots outside the verticals. Feast or famine. The one addition from last year has been the mesh route crossers that have won two games for us now. Otherwise, what's actually changed?

And that last play was basically what Hurts and Brown did against Seattle last year. No one cares when you win, and yet, they should. It's still irresponsible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back