Philipoussis Out !

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Philipoussis Out !

Originally posted by TheMase
A fit, focused and game fit Mark Philippoussis living to his potential would be the current World Number One.

I am sorry eastaugh36, but Mark has a lot of talent, and probably has more potential in his little pinky than Hewitt, he just hasn't played to his potential (he started to, but has been injured).

Mark will be in the top 10 by years end, possibly top 5.
Bookmark this if you like.

He will win or come close to at least 1 slam, possibly Wimbledon.
Yes, I somewhat agree with this. But that begs the question - if he hasn't played to his potential wouldn't that be synonymous with being soft?

Easty, you're a hypocritical contradictory twat. I'm embarassed to be from the same state as you.

Q: Why exactly do you dislike Phillippousis so much?
A: Because of incidents that have happened IN THE PAST.

Originally posted by eastaugh36
Stop living in the past you clinger ! His behaviour has improved tremendously. Did you not ever do anything wrong in your teen years ???? I think not. Go Hewitt !

:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Philipoussis Out !

Originally posted by bunsen burner
Yes, I somewhat agree with this. But that begs the question - if he hasn't played to his potential wouldn't that be synonymous with being soft?
Depends how you look at it.

I believe he began to reach his potential in 1999, just as he got injured. Since then he really hasn't been able to gain any momentum with tennis. If he can stay fit, then I think he will show what he has got ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Philipoussis Out !

Originally posted by TheMase
A fit, focused and game fit Mark Philippoussis living to his potential would be the current World Number One.

I am sorry eastaugh36, but Mark has a lot of talent, and probably has more potential in his little pinky than Hewitt, he just hasn't played to his potential (he started to, but has been injured).

Mark will be in the top 10 by years end, possibly top 5.
Bookmark this if you like.

He will win or come close to at least 1 slam, possibly Wimbledon.
Results are the only thing that count. Philippoussis does have a lot of talent and performed well in this tournament, but it has been a performance somewhat representative of his career.

Mark turns on a world beating performance at various times, such as the Srichiphan match or his conquest of Pete Sampras in that epic night match a few years back. He gets everyone salivating. In a subsequent round he will lose to someone who should be stringing his racquets for him. It's this lack of consistency which frustrates. He ran out of petrol tickets on this occasion, and fair enough as his preparation was limited. However, it is a familiar tale.

Mark is a Top 10 player, but he is now 27 years of age and these injuries are going to be harder to overcome as time passes. He could be Top 10 by the end of the year. He could be 53. Past experience would dictate that we not hold our breath.

Originally posted by Go South
Easty, you're a hypocritical contradictory twat. I'm embarassed to be from the same state as you.

Q: Why exactly do you dislike Phillippousis so much?
A: Because of incidents that have happened IN THE PAST.

:rolleyes:

The feelings mutual !

Why dont you ask the hewitt haters why they hate him, if I am a hypocrite then they are too !

Originally posted by eastaugh36
The feelings mutual !

Why dont you ask the hewitt haters why they hate him, if I am a hypocrite then they are too !

I dislike the guy because of his arrogance mostly.

I don't think that makes me a hypocrite in regards to Philippoussis because I am not basing that on his past actions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Philipoussis Out !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back